Game Day Threads

Lee.

I'm toying with the idea of introducing Game Day Threads to the SiG forum. Basically, especially with the NHL and NBA in full playoff mode, and MLB coming on strong, they're simply dedicated threads for you guys to discuss the games as they're happening, one thread for all of that day's games.

Threads for the 4 "major" sports can be posted daily, I don't particularly care who starts the thread, but they'll be graveyarded the next day. If more than one of you starts a thread for a particular league, the earliest-posted thread will be given priority.

Let's try this for a week or so, if they take off, they take off. If not, we'll never speak of them again.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I don't think Game Day threads will work, simply because this isn't a particular team's message board. It'll produce a lot of clutter just so maybe four posters can discuss one game.

There are very few events where a lot of posters here participate in in-game discussion. We really don't need to entice threads consisting posts such as "That pitch was a strike, not a ball!", "Great 3-yard carry!", "Why is Josh Smith shooting a 3-pointer?", and "Weak goal.".

But I'm not putting single games into the thread; today's NHL thread, for example, would encompass all three games on the docket. Enough people hang out here and watch the games, all of the commentary could be placed in the GDT rather than crapping up the regular playoff thread.

I've seen the concept work on other boards, which is the main reason I'm thinking of bringing it over here.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Would the GDT be pinned each time?

Probably wouldn't need to be, but they could imaginably be pinned, yes.

Nice! I like the idea, let's see if the experiment works. Hopefully, posters will only talk about the games that day and not any other news stories that can be placed in the "Big Four" Season Threads.

But I'm not putting single games into the thread; today's NHL thread, for example, would encompass all three games on the docket. Enough people hang out here and watch the games, all of the commentary could be placed in the GDT rather than crapping up the regular playoff thread.

I've seen the concept work on other boards, which is the main reason I'm thinking of bringing it over here.

Wait a minute there professor... what do you mean "other boards"?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Wait a minute there professor... what do you mean "other boards"?

Mind blowing concept, I know.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived