Belleville Bulls/Schlitz Malt Liquor Bull

gueman

While the similarities are obvious I can't find any part of the logos that are identical. The stance, while similar has been altered. The positioning of the front legs and tail are moved. The detail of the musculature of the bull are different. The area of the most similarity is the head, but honestly, draw the head of a bull (minus all the detail) and see what it comes out looking like.

Has the question of which logo was around first been addressed? Or are we assuming that Belleville ripped of Schlitz? That Belleville logo was in use in the 1981-82 season according to Mr. Creamer's site. When was the Sclitz version introduced?

If you read my second post on this topic the Schlitz Bull was introduced in 1963.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I can't believe no one is noticing the obvious fact that the Belleville logo is a Live-Traced® version of the Schlitz logo.

I am not a pro so how do you know this, is there some sort of clue in the Bulls logo?

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I can't believe no one is noticing the obvious fact that the Belleville logo is a Live-Traced® version of the Schlitz logo.

I am not a pro so how do you know this, is there some sort of clue in the Bulls logo?

That was sarcasm. Live Trace is an Illustrator feature that came out in 2005 with CS2. Unless the Belleville owners went into

the future to steal the technology. AH HA! Now we just need to find the time capsule! (bow)

Archived