2010 NHL Bracket Wallpaper

Korbyn

I was fooling around on the free Paint.net program with some of the team graphics at NHL.com and made this.

It is fairly simple, just the team graphics slapped over top the Conference logos and then those slapped over top an ice background.

Feel free to use it :)

playoffs-1.jpg

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I'm wondering how the winner of the Sens and Pens ended up being the Flyers, the Devils and Flyers series the Habs and the Caps and Habs ended up as the Pens... etc. If it was so simple maybe you could've taken the time to use the right teams in the brackets. Apart from that it looks alright. And Charger, it's not negativity, it's common sense.

terrible considering there are so many incorrect alignments

+1.

I dont follow the NHL too closely and I definitely dont know its playoff structure, but this diagram (if accurate) is an awful way to represent the flow of games, there must be a better graphic way

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Yeah, I'm wondering how the winner of the Sens and Pens ended up being the Flyers, the Devils and Flyers series the Habs and the Caps and Habs ended up as the Pens... etc. If it was so simple maybe you could've taken the time to use the right teams in the brackets. Apart from that it looks alright. And Charger, it's not negativity, it's common sense.

if you knew anything about the NHL, you'd know in that the second round, the teams are reseeded by seed number. So for example, if the lowest seed that makes it is an eight and the highest is a three, no matter what the alignment was before, the three and eight will play each other. They aren't like other sports, this bracket is correct.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Yes, I do know about the NHL, thanks. I realize that teams are reseeded and that this outcome is correct. My point is, that regardless of it's accuracy, it doesn't flow well.

Edit: Here's an example of a playoff bracket that flows well. Your eyes can easily follow the path. Even the greyed out teams make a better indication of how the series went:

2006_Brackets.jpg

Yes, I do know about the NHL, thanks. I realize that teams are reseeded and that this outcome is correct. My point is, that regardless of it's accuracy, it doesn't flow well.

Edit: Here's an example of a playoff bracket that flows well. Your eyes can easily follow the path. Even the greyed out teams make a better indication of how the series went:

2006_Brackets.jpg

Well, sorry if I came across as harsh the first time, Ive just seen really good brackets like Korbyn's before and for each of these, there's always somebody that unfortunately really bashes it just because they get confused. I just got a little defensive because like the others, this is a really good bracket, so i'm sorry for that.

I understand what you mean, and this does flow well. I'm just a huge hockey fan and purist so it's weird to see a different seeding structure in the first round than normal (which is the only difference i'm spotting in this one). It's nothing against this or you at all, it's just a structure im not used to seeing :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived