Iranian womens' soccer uniform controversy

aci

"Secondly, you don't get to dress how you want when you wish to partake in organized sports."

Umm, says who?

In MLB, Ive seen players wear do-rags and winter caps.

In NBA, players can wear face masks and headbands.

In tennis, players can wear baseball caps and headbands.

And dont get me started on the NFL.

All of those are pre-approved by the respective leagues (and in some cases, supplied by the teams. Players can only choose from the options which the leagues give them.

Since you brought up the NBA, they made a splash a few years ago when the league decided all players had to conform to a more restrictive dress code. Not only are the players told what to wear on the field, but what to wear off it as well.

So, no. You don't get to dress however you want when you partake in organized sports.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many were civilians maybe alot but not because of their religion but because the scumbag terrorist hide among women and children. Do you know how many firefights have ended with us policing the area only to find the bodies of women and children littered in front of these cowards. It truly is one of the worst sites one can set their eyes upon but they relish this to them these women and children have died for the cause is that not the real crime here.In a perfect world no one and believe me no one wants to have to see the innocents die like this but once you engage in war these are the tough decisions that have to made and if we are not willing to defend our country and way of life against these types of people we will be the ones to perish in such a manner. As much of jerk that probably many of you think I am I still say a prayer for those women and children everyday. I think I've had enough of this topic for a while.

Archived