Promotional Video

Davidson

Hey guys,

So in a couple of months I'm going to have a bit more spare time on my hands after hours to focus on doing some sport identity stuff. However, I'm not really one to do things by halves and I've been thinking that while I'm getting some nice little bits and pieces to do now, I might tap up a few manufacturers etc and try to pimp my services a little bit harder in the hope that i get a nice wee commission or two.

Now, I already have a site where I display my work and I get the odd email via that, but I figured in order to promote myself better I'd be stupid to not play to my strengths and produce a very short promotional animation. After all, its what I do best and possibly the best way to imbue some of the work I have produced with a sense of quality.

Now I'm going to basically get as much stuff in it as possible, the idea being to give the impression of eclecticism/ experience and a wealth of previously completed work. Basically to create the illusion of not being a novice. Im going to include a number of different ways of presenting the work: on helmets, on ice/grass/paper, on nike pro combat kits, in advertising environments. All of this stuff will be animated.

So basically what I would like is a bit of help regarding ideas for what i can do with some of the logos.

I will shortly post a small introduction piece I have made so you can have an idea of the type of thing im talking about.

Cheers

Fraser

Really nice video, love the lines coming together to form the cardinal, did you just take a series of stills to get that effect?

no, those are the original iterations of the cardinal, i just animated the lines on, then the block colour and faded them as subsequent iterations did the same up to the final render.

have got quite a bit more done as of today, so will post the new helmet and jersey stuff at the end of the day into the same link.

Really nice video, love the lines coming together to form the cardinal, did you just take a series of stills to get that effect?

no, those are the original iterations of the cardinal, i just animated the lines on, then the block colour and faded them as subsequent iterations did the same up to the final render.

have got quite a bit more done as of today, so will post the new helmet and jersey stuff at the end of the day into the same link.

I'm definitely feeling the Pirates and Jets. The Jets and Avalanche lockups are prob my favorite of all your logos. Not liking the Illustrator palettes in the Cardinals animation though, I mean I like that your showing the process of the drawing, but I feel like the "palette view" has been done before in a bad way.

Archived