Evolution of the Hartford Whalers

ThePreacher

Design A, with the whaling represented by harpoons instead of a whale tail, is not without its 1970s charms. They probably could've taken that up to about '84 before giving way to the whale tail. Weird geometric progressive-yet-sterile logos from the '70s are kinda neat. The Q is flush with 'em.

Always had a soft spot for the Whale-ERS secondary. If they really wanted to be cute, they could've put a heart-FORD above it. Adorable.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If they really wanted to be cute, they could've put a heart-FORD above it. Adorable.

Sounds like that could've surpassed the Winnipeg Jets Goals For Kids patch for laughs. Every time I wear that jersey, I get so many comments about "if only it didn't have that patch"

would've been a half-decent charity logo though...

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Sounds like that could've surpassed the Winnipeg Jets Goals For Kids patch for laughs. Every time I wear that jersey, I get so many comments about "if only it didn't have that patch"

This??? -

FNF3.jpg

I mean, I've seen worse... (see: The NY Mets)

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

This??? -

FNF3.jpg

yup, that. It was seriously everybody saying "it's an awesome jersey...if only it didn't have that patch".

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

This??? -

FNF3.jpg

yup, that. It was seriously everybody saying "it's an awesome jersey...if only it didn't have that patch".

People are stupid.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Weird geometric progressive-yet-sterile logos from the '70s are kinda neat. The Q is flush with 'em.

To wit:

3r7gho5mwsny8a23i2k5wxlfx.gif

fbfafhfm2my05oujjndmnz9xl.gifamyjphqbhqsh65g857udc249z.gif

1716.gif1883.gif

8rwez20g4jtfhojwcn8tiocy2.gifxlagzlvijq4rbth2oxkod9lf9.gif

pnndnyo5teo819786uabdnd37.gif5w0qydo20ig2h7ef7ga0gebua.gif

Some of these feel like public broadcasting logos that would creep you out before an episode of, I dunno, 3-2-1 Contact or something.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived