TV graphics concepts

BrandMooreArt

Thanks for not taking offense. As we all know, the impersonal nature of web posting makes it tough sometimes to give constructive criticism without it being taken the wrong way.

no problem. ive learned not to be too attached to my own work. at Full Sail we called it "recognizing your ugly baby". its a tough business if you cant take the criticism or admit when you messed up

1990hornet, im hoping when i insert the MNF branding into it, it will help with that issue. im sure if you, a viewer, wants to recognize the station you're on, then so would said station

JC, you're the 2nd or 3rd to mention that so in my next batch of updates i will move the scorebug

thanks guys

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

The Jason Witten graphic you have is a little confusing, with the "Tennessee" there. As a casual NFL fan, when I first saw that graphic (not knowing much about Jason Witten), I thought you made a typo and placed "Tennessee" (for Titans) there instead of "Dallas". It wasn't til I saw the next picture where "South Carolina" was placed there when I knew that it must have been his college. I think you should more clearly identify that that's where he went to college, or just get rid of it altogether.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Hello Everyone, New to the board.

BrandNstudio, I like your design and I think it looks great. I worked on one over the past year which I think everyone would like.

Here is a raw one I worked on, What do you think of this one?

b6288daa71a785b2dc4fb6f3b81b0fe56g.jpg

IMO:

Pros:

-I like the parallelograms/trapezoids/rectangles you used as a general structure for the graphic, as well as their placements.

-The font sizes and their relative placements.

Cons:

-The particular font looks hard to read, especially on a TV screen. When it comes to on-screen graphics, I like to err on the side of caution (or even boredom). Keep in mind that this is meant to be easy on the eyes (IMO). As a fan, I think I would get annoyed having that particular font on my screen during the entire game.

-The font is too thin to read.

-The font colors look like they would be hard to read, especially with the "reflective" top half of the score/time boxes. The might even just look better white.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Hello Everyone, New to the board.

BrandNstudio, I like your design and I think it looks great. I worked on one over the past year which I think everyone would like.

Here is a raw one I worked on, What do you think of this one?

b6288daa71a785b2dc4fb6f3b81b0fe56g.jpg

I think the score is unlikely. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived