Mock branding/ad campaigns for legalized marijuana

Viper

Before the ultimately failed vote in California to legalize pot, two New York ad agencies put together mock marketing campaigns for cannabis brands called "Northern Lights" and "Mother's Blend", recently featured in Newsweek as a glimpse of what legalization might have looked like, and what it still could look like eventually.

High Concept: Marijuana Branding of the Future

Some of the Northern Lights ads, I can't decide whether they're lame, hilarious, or hilariously lame. As for the Mother's Blend campaign, they never explain just what they're blending their product with that makes each variety suitable for different occasions. And just how would they go about product testing to that effect? ;)

CCSLC signature.png

• 2 weeks later...

ok... i've seen this thread like 5 times now, and each time i was shocked no one replied.

i'm far from a pothead (in fact i've never smoked, my father threw his life away from drugs, and my fiance is allergic to marijuana), but i found this article and mock-ups absolutely fascinating.

just wanted to let the OP know that someone out there enjoyed the thread :)

i'd love to see more takes on it, as it's something i've thought about for years.

well, for the most part they are just massively juvenile. seriously "stoned? good. its working". "4:20" etc etc.

its so tired, its like a 15 year old came up with the creative. quite shocking for pentagram really.

while i agree they're juvenile, i also think that's pretty much exactly what the real ad campaigns would be like.

Archived