Toronto Blue Jays Concept Logo

nash61

NEWJAYS2.png
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Thanks for fixing that.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I don't think it's a bad first try. But IMO, while you definitely did take a modern Jays' head and place it on the old logo... it looks like that's exactly what you did.

The logo looks unintegrated right now, like its exactly what it is: 2 separate identities. Work on some of the outlines, especially the white one on the maple leaf that cuts into the Jay head. I'd also recommend maybe filling the blue letters with black instead of grey to tie it together more. I feel like 6 colors is a bit too much for this logo but since i like the two-tone grey beak I can't tell you what would be best to eliminate. I also don't love that "Toronto" and "Blue Jays" are 2 different sizes.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

I don't mind the different font sizes so much, especially since that's how it was done on their classic logo, which could still work today IMO.

What does bother me a little is that you've done the "logo" version of taking a picture of someone's head, pasting it on top of someone else's body, not doing any other editing, and expecting it to look normal.

The bird head you are using, and the background logo (and font) you are using, are from two very different eras, and they don't mesh very well to me. I'm not saying you can't do this, but if you do, you need to do a better job of "blending" the two styles. Maybe playing around with the font, modifying the bird's head, or something along those lines. But just placing the modern birdhead on the background of the old logo and font doesn't cut it IMO. Just my 2 cents.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Basically what I was thinking when I did this was that everyone hates the current logo, but loves the older-style one- What if we combined the two styles to get the modern bird but still have the maple leaf and the baseball? That's what this concept is.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I don't mind the different font sizes so much, especially since that's how it was done on their classic logo, which could still work today IMO.

I know that's how it eas on the original, I was more voicing that I personally didn't care for it here, and for that matter, on the original logo. Regardlss, yes, he does have history to back him up.

What does bother me a little is that you've done the "logo" version of taking a picture of someone's head, pasting it on top of someone else's body, not doing any other editing, and expecting it to look normal.

The bird head you are using, and the background logo (and font) you are using, are from two very different eras, and they don't mesh very well to me. I'm not saying you can't do this, but if you do, you need to do a better job of "blending" the two styles. Maybe playing around with the font, modifying the bird's head, or something along those lines. But just placing the modern birdhead on the background of the old logo and font doesn't cut it IMO. Just my 2 cents.

100% agreed, this is where I was going with the rest of my comments.

Basically what I was thinking when I did this was that everyone hates the current logo, but loves the older-style one- What if we combined the two styles to get the modern bird but still have the maple leaf and the baseball? That's what this concept is.

I definitely get the idea; I think most of the board does, and it's not a bad route to go at all. But the logo needs some refinement.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Archived