Colorado Rockies jersey question

roxfan00

So I was looking at game used jerseys online and someone is selling a 1997 Larry Walker, autograph, game used jersey. Was looking at the photos and on the buttons it says Colorado Rockies...was wondering if MLB teams still do this on the buttons?

Walker1.jpg

Helton5.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Only the Rockies do that. Have no idea why. But I think it's pretty cool.

BTW: Where are you shopping for your game-worn stuff?

That one I found on craigslist, the seller wanted $500 for it, plus it was autographed.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

A quick google search shows the Rockies didn't have front numbers in 1997. It won't let me link to the picture, but look at the pic of him holding the MVP trophy. I am 99% sure they didn't add the front numbers until they switched to the pinstriped road unis in 2000 or 2001. Also, since the Rockies started using front numbers they have used a thinner, slightly larger version of MLB block for the front numbers. This jersey may have been purchased from the team, but the seller had it customized with Walker's name. Knowing that, I wouldn't be surprised if Walker's signature was forged, either.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

have you ever been on Jersey Central? It's a site for jersey collectors of all sports. You might want to give it a look if you are a serious collector like me.

As far as the price, it's a little too rich for my blood but that has a lot to do with me not being a Rox fan. It's a pretty decent price for that one. Are you gonna buy it?

A quick google search shows the Rockies didn't have front numbers in 1997. It won't let me link to the picture, but look at the pic of him holding the MVP trophy. I am 99% sure they didn't add the front numbers until they switched to the pinstriped road unis in 2000 or 2001. Also, since the Rockies started using front numbers they have used a thinner, slightly larger version of MLB block for the front numbers. This jersey may have been purchased from the team, but the seller had it customized with Walker's name. Knowing that, I wouldn't be surprised if Walker's signature was forged, either.

This is the rest of the jersey

Walker3.jpg

Walker2.jpg

Walker4.jpg

Yeah, I'm starting to think the seller had the jersey made. I should have known, since I have been watching the Rockies since '93. lol

Archived