Ahl Suspension

lopernv

It's not that stupid, it's reaction. Emotions on the ice get out of hand sometime. Blood is boiling and you get a stick to groin area or something first reaction is to turn around freakin cream that guy.

We have all done it before. I was actually on the ice when a kid did that to another player and bam whack broke kid's rusty cooper cage. Only 2 mins for it.

Is this any different from when football player or basketball player punch someone in the groin?

A Punch in the groin with a fist is much less damaging than hitting someone with a piece of lightweight composite graphite. That's what makes the hockey incidences like this get so much bad press, it's not like everytime there is a fight in hockey everyone rips the sport.

Take off all helmets and face shields and maybe players will bring their sticks down a little. Right now they know that the other guys are protected so well that if they "accidentally" clip them with their stick they will be fine, no one seems to care about the other guys well being anymore.

If this idiot had used his fists to "get even" there wouldn't be this outcry.

Even Bertuzzi would have been spared some of the wrath against him if he hadn't jumped the guy from behind, and more important if the guys face hadn't hit the ice. If he would have gotten right up it would have been 2 minutes tops.

I think you need to be able to play the game to understand the on ice stuff. Getting police involved is dumb idea and shouldn't be involved in the game.

Slashing is apart of the game and so are injuries.

Did you notice that Barons player hit the Bulldogs player first and that's why he reacted like that. I'm sure he meant to hit him in the helmet.

I think you need to be able to play the game to understand the on ice stuff. Getting police involved is dumb idea and shouldn't be involved in the game.

Slashing is apart of the game and so are injuries.

Did you notice that Barons player hit the Bulldogs player first and that's why he reacted like that. I'm sure he meant to hit him in the helmet.

Slashing is part of the game, a PENALIZED part of the game, but part nonetheless. But how can you sit there and say it's okay when the guy was HIT IN THE FACE with a stick?

You want to slash? Fine, do it in the pads. This guy's been playing hockey for years, you can't tell me at any time in junior, midget, etc that he thought it would be a good idea to hit somebody with a two-handed chop to the face with his stick. If it's not okay in the 15 years he's been playing prior to this incident, why would he think to do it now?

Reaction is a part of the game, yes. But when you react in such a way as to put not only another player's health on the line, not to mention your own livelihood, then you're an idiot. Send him to the next Hockey Gladiators PPV and be done with it.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

There was a groin-punching incident in the NBA Playoffs this week. I think it was in the Heat-Hornets series. The two players were hitting each other, not very hard, but enough to know the other was there. One player went below the belt, and I think he was ejected. I don't know if it was the same series where that same hit was predicted or not.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived