Ahl Suspension

lopernv

Yeah, it was a pretty gruesome sight, too. The guy that got whacked was on the ground shaking for a while, but he was taken to the hospital, treated for some lacerations, and released. AHL officials and executives for the offended team are calling for a lifetime ban in all professional hockey leagues for the guy that did the whacking.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Yeah. Alexander Perezhogin, I think his name was. It was a nasty hit. A kid did that in my old youth hockey league about 6 or 7 years back and got suspeneded for life.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

You'd think with all the press the Bertuzzi incident got this guy would know better. I saw the footage on Sportscenter and it was indeed a nasty hit. You don't hit a guy in the head with a stick. :cursing:

FWIW, Perezhogin is suspended indefinitely without pay pending further league review. It's also costing his team, as Hamilton's coughing up a 3-1 series lead to Cleveland (it's 3-2 right now after last night).

Link: Here

EDIT: Series lead.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

He should have, definitely. It was hard to watch the replay of that without wanting to curl up into a ball and cry home for mommy. Yike.

That said, I'd not only suspend him pretty heavy, but I'd give the guy he slashed a good 10-game or so suspension--did anyone notice he tried to do the exact same thing right before he got hit, but missed?

Overall, a sad situation.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

and people wonder why hockey always get the negative in news. its players who are so stupid that they have to do this.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

It's not that stupid, it's reaction. Emotions on the ice get out of hand sometime. Blood is boiling and you get a stick to groin area or something first reaction is to turn around freakin cream that guy.

We have all done it before. I was actually on the ice when a kid did that to another player and bam whack broke kid's rusty cooper cage. Only 2 mins for it.

Is this any different from when football player or basketball player punch someone in the groin?

I'm sick of athletes on the playing field getting away with this kind of stuff. It should be assault, plain and simple. Fights are one thing, but if you swing a baseball bat at someone's head on the street, you're going away to prison. There's emotions in playground fights too, doesn't make them any different. It's an intense game... so what? If I'm stressed out at my job, is it right for me to punch out the first guy who ticks me off?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I'm sick of athletes on the playing field getting away with this kind of stuff. It should be assault, plain and simple. Fights are one thing, but if you swing a baseball bat at someone's head on the street, you're going away to prison. There's emotions in playground fights too, doesn't make them any different. It's an intense game... so what? If I'm stressed out at my job, is it right for me to punch out the first guy who ticks me off?

I disagree. We pay these guys to be emotional, invested, passionate and aggressive. Yet, when they cross an invisible line, we are appalled and want criminal charges filed?

Bull plop.

It is a double standard. It is holier-than-thou, it is sitting on an ivory tower and judging, knowing YOU yourself cannot be judged.

He should be suspended, fined, and be made to make a formal apology. He should not go to jail. If I was arguing with my neighbor outside, we had a fight that ended with me smacking him with a stick, we'd be separated and reprimanded by officers. The only time court would be involved is if he filed a civil lawsuit. If the victim in this case wants to file civil charges, go for it.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

It was retaliation, the barons player swung it accenditly, and the bulldogs player whacked him in the head.

The sad thing is, the player who swung his stick is my favourite team's farm team.

It was retaliation, the barons player swung it accenditly, and the bulldogs player whacked him in the head.

The sad thing is, the player who swung his stick is my favourite team's farm team.

The even sadder thing is the team is in Hamilton. :D

I saw, I came, I left.

It's not that stupid, it's reaction. Emotions on the ice get out of hand sometime. Blood is boiling and you get a stick to groin area or something first reaction is to turn around freakin cream that guy.

And, so, we should encourage guys to go for the head?!

I mean, let's face it, I've turned around and slashed someone in a game. I've gone out of my way to deliver checks in a no-check league. But, despite the fact that I'm much taller than the other players on the ice, I have NEVER gone for someone's head, and I have never looked to seriously injure someone. Using "the heat of the moment" as an excuse for this kind of behaviour only perpetuates it.

I don't care what's happened to you, who hit you where, but slashing someone in the face is NEVER ACCEPTABLE. NEVER.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Mockba, I agree completely. Very well put. As a fellow hockey player I can attest to the emotion, but some stuff you just know not to do.

Hockey is such an amazing game, yet the only attention it seems to get is the on-ice violence. And it seems to have stepped up since the Bertuzzi incident. Hockey, in my opinion, is the greatest game played, but people can't seem to grow out of seeing hockey as a game of thuggery, and a lot of players aren't helping any. At least off ice it's remained relatively clean. This murder contract thing aside with that guy from the Blues(his name escapes me momentarily), hockey has no where near the problems of other leagues. Ray Lewis killed a man! Kobe Bryant raped a woman(well, maybe. Innocent until proven guilty. But he's on trial for it. That doesn't happen in the NHL)! But somehow that doesn't dimish the leagues in the same way that on ice brutality hurts the NHL. Watching the agility and creativity of NHL players is stunning, but the big hits and fights are what we see in highlights. Of course they show the goals to tell how the end was arrived at, but extra footage is devoted to the violent part of the game.

Is this any different from when football player or basketball player punch someone in the groin?

Am I the only one missing all these players getting shots to the groins? I don't recall any incidents like this before.

That's because they wear athletic supporters. Why puch someone down there when you're the one that's getting punished...

I saw, I came, I left.

Am I the only one missing all these players getting shots to the groins? I don't recall any incidents like this before.

That's because they wear athletic supporters. Why puch someone down there when you're the one that's getting punished...

Well see that's what I was thinking, but apparently it happens quite often :unsure:

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived