Norfolk Admirals Concept

JQK

While I like the uniform and logo and how they compliment the Lightning's future sweaters. I'm not in love with the barrels appearing as if they just stick out of nowhere. I personally liked the explosion effect on their current logo. But, I feel it could be simplified and made to look great if incorporated into your logo. However, I do feel some gold should be added into the sweaters themselves. To me, it's not the Ads without blue AND gold. I loathed the Chicago mock-ups years ago. The new unis they have now are a much needed improvement. But, that's not to say these wouldn't look good. I'm actually hoping they do something along these lines as well. Or, they could get rid of that logo altogether and go with a more old school look:

2lvimqe.png

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

While I like the uniform and logo and how they compliment the Lightning's future sweaters. I'm not in love with the barrels appearing as if they just stick out of nowhere. I personally liked the explosion effect on their current logo. But, I feel it could be simplified and made to look great if incorporated into your logo. However, I do feel some gold should be added into the sweaters themselves. To me, it's not the Ads without blue AND gold. I loathed the Chicago mock-ups years ago. The new unis they have now are a much needed improvement. But, that's not to say these wouldn't look good. I'm actually hoping they do something along these lines as well. Or, they could get rid of that logo altogether and go with a more old school look:

2lvimqe.png

I was actually thinking that would make a mighty fine shoulder patch for Kinger's concept.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

As a former Virginia Beach resident that has spent way more than his fair share of his hard earned money on Hampton Roads/Norfolk Admirals tickets, I think I have earned the right to say that the current Admirals logos are complete crap. The uniforms are worse. Hell, the home and away sets don't even come close to resembling each other. I have followed this team going all the way back to the ECHL and Coach John Brophy when the team was simply known to residents as the blue-and-gold. JQK, the logo and uniform set you have here is gorgeous. Though I would love to see the return of the blue and gold or an homage to one of the original logos, I understand your logic behind your concepts colors and uniform design. Regardless, this team needs some sort of new identity and I think the parent clubs' decision to overhaul it's identity offers the Admirals that opportunity. Again, love the look JQK.

UniJ

Archived