New Jersey Dynamite

raysox

I see what you were trying to do with the font (When I 1st started designing concepts I used the same font to get the "script" effect). Having a cursive style script screams traditional baseball (which looks amazing IMO) but they are hard as hell to design. So what you are left with (when using the stock font) is something that is generic and hard to customize.

If I was going to take a crack at this I would hand draw a bunch of different "NJ" logos, trying as many approaches as I could, scan it and re-draw it in Photoshop and/or Illustrator.

Is it more time consuming? Without a doubt, but you end up with a design that is:

1. Completely Original (You feel so much more pride in your work when you know no one else in the world has YOUR font style)

2. A design that you can edit on the fly, because you have complete control over it (You don't have to deal with a font doing something you don't want it to)

I would try to do the same thing with the script logo (Admittedly this part is much more time consuming and difficult, but twice as rewarding)

A++ for putting time and effort into what you have so far.

What if you made a large lowercase "n" with a capitol "J" dropping down over top through the n, making an interlocking hat logo. By using the lowercase "n" you avoid it looking like the Yankees logo while still making it an inter locking NJ logo.

As for the script, maybe you could use a font that is more like the font on a box of dynamite.

dynamite-fire-starters.jpg

Maybe something resembling an old west style font (Similar to the Rangers or Angels)

I hope some of these ideas help you out!

Archived