New Jersey Dynamite

raysox

I got a request to do a logo set for a youth baseball team in New Jersey named the New Jersey Dynamite. First colors I thought of were red and yellow, so i went with it. I didn't want to, but the font I overuse looked really good for this, I think. I made the logos, then realized that there wasn't anything dynamite-y. I added a wick to the t. Simple jerseys, with a design on under the sleeves.

How is this?

Dynamite.png

The guy I'm emailing about this isn't a fan about the cap logo, so suggestions would be cool.

I like it.

It just seems way too similar to Venezuela's World Baseball Classic logos and uniforms.

http://sportslogos.net/team.php?id=1830

Yeah, I actually started working on it, and about 20 minutes after I had my script and cap logo, I remembered Venezuela used the same font, and basic colors. So I looked it up, and sure enough it was similar. Then I based the jerseys off of it.

I really like this but I think there are a couple of things that seem a little off to me.

Fist off, the thinks I like:

-The color scheme works very well for this team

-The primary logo is done very well, the simple wick to the 't' does make it look dynamite-y without it seeming like you tried too hard to force something in there.

The things that I would work on:

-On the 'NJ' logo, the J seems a little odd to me, almost like an askew lowercase 'a'. I would just try to make the J look more like a J, maybe have the tail extend outward like a J would look if you were writing it.

-I've never been a fan of that certain design under (I don't know the name for it) the sleeves, but that's just a personal preference, I just think the jerseys would look a lot nicer if you just kept them simple with the piping and sleeve stripes.

Overall a nice concept though.

I like it.

It just seems way too similar to Venezuela's World Baseball Classic logos and uniforms.

http://sportslogos.net/team.php?id=1830

Yeah, I actually started working on it, and about 20 minutes after I had my script and cap logo, I remembered Venezuela used the same font, and basic colors. So I looked it up, and sure enough it was similar. Then I based the jerseys off of it.

What font was it?

RockiesSig.png

I like it.It just seems way too similar to Venezuela's World Baseball Classic logos and uniforms.http://sportslogos.net/team.php?id=1830
What font was it?

Looks like Deftone Stylus if i'm not mistaken.

Picture21.png

The pants need yellow on either side of the red stripe. The jerseys are too colorful to be lacking color on the pants.

Try coming up with an actual logo, either as a secondary or to replace the relatively pedestrian script in front of ball. There's a lot that can be done with dynamite, especially for a kids team where cartoonish or comicky logos would be acceptable.

The J in that font really sucks. That's why the hat doesn't work. It would probably be a better idea to come up with your own font instead of using this one.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

For the sleeve patch, I'd just have a bundle of 9 sticks of dynamite (for nine players on a baseball field) tied together with rope that looked like baseball stitching.

Or if that seems too complicated for a should patch just have a red baseball bat with a lit fuse coming out of the top and "TNT" written on the bat's barrel and a cartoon "blast" outline in the background.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I agree it a good start but there need to be some changes. The NJ on the cap needs a different font as the "J looks weird and dosen't llok like a J. Maybe get the 2 letter incorporated somehow and have a fuse coming out of the top somehow. Think of the Devils NJ logo and how they incorporated the devil into the letters. Also in the dynamite logo for the front of jerseys maybe make the i a stick of dynamite with fuse instead of using the t. And I agree the colors are a great combo for this team. My initial thought was red, black and white but I like the maroon, gold, and white. I would like to see a different shoulder patch also something more original like the 9 sticks of dynamite or bat with fuse. But for 20 minutes of work, it's a great start that I think you can make look awesome with some tweaking.

-I've never been a fan of that certain design under (I don't know the name for it) the sleeves, but that's just a personal preference, I just think the jerseys would look a lot nicer if you just kept them simple with the piping and sleeve stripes.

Overall a nice concept though.

I believe we call it "pit stains" :P

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

He said he wanted a NJ cap logo, but didn't like the J used. I modified the J, and added it to the N. I put a wick on it trying to make it look more like a J. To me, it might be interpreted as NY. The D logo is on the sleeve, too.

Dynamite3.png

What should I do to the NJ, should I separate it?

EDIT: I need to fix the angle on the J.

What about the wick coming out of a ball for the cap logo?

I agree. I personally hink the font is maybe not "kinetic" enough for dynamite but the ball with wick was the first thing I thought of. A bundle of bats with a wick would look great too.

Right now the NJ looks like "NY" mainly because a lowercase letter on a cap is uncommon, so I just see it as a Y

Also for the sleeve patch I would lose the "D"

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

Yeah, the NJ looks like "NY", i would just not have them connected. That would probably solve a lot of the readability issues. Love the rest though. That primary logo is basic, but I love it. Nice work

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Archived