Today's the 10 Year Anniversary of Sports E-Cyclopedia's Launch

Unocal

You would thnik taht a site that labels itself as an encyclopedia woudl have, good grammer adn, spellnig.

Nah, wiki killed that lovely standard.

wiki often steals from me :cursing:

What? You mash keys about histories that unfold publicly for teams that you have no affiliation with. What exactly do you have that can be stolen?

If I read on the news that Eli Manning was caught licking a pack of Easter Peeps with his pants down, and I write about it, so can anyone else, because I don't own the fact that he's a furkin weirdo. Even if you are somehow "breaking" stories (which I highly doubt is the case), you still don't "own" what happened, though it's common courtesy to credit who broke it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You would thnik taht a site that labels itself as an encyclopedia woudl have, good grammer adn, spellnig.

Nah, wiki killed that lovely standard.

That's because Wiki articles can be edited by anyone, anytime. It's hard to ensure good grammar when anyone can change whatever they want, whenever they want. Frankly I am surprised it doesn't have more mistakes.

A personal website shouldn't have so many mistakes because all of the errors can be traced to one person.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Congrats on 10 years, tNak. I actually found sportslogos.net through the sports e-cyclopedia, so I'm forever grateful to have found your site. Now, if you would just fix the design, graphics, grammar and content, everything would be fine. :P

Here's to 10 more.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived