Rivalry Renewed

d_hav

starting in 2016 at Heinz Field Pitt will finally play Penn St. I don't have a link or anything because I just seen it on the KDKA news. The 2017 game will be played at Beaver Stadium and they said so far thats the only two games agreed on but that more would probably be added. I don't know the exact reason on why this matchup was cancelled in the first place but alot of people around here blame in on JoPa because Pitt wouldn't join the Big Ten years ago. The other story I hear alot around here is that before Penn St joined the Big Ten JoPa tried to start a new coference with Pitt and Penn St(obviously more teams but don't know which ones-i'd imagine West Virginia and other teams that would make geographical sense). Like I said I don't know which, if either, story is correct if anyone knows an explanation would be appreciated.

This is good though and I know sceduals(sp) are usually set years before hand but maybe JoPa still didn't want to face Pitt but he probably won't be coaching come 2016.

I think I read that the theoretical Eastern football Conference would have been Pitt, Penn State, Syracuse, Maryland, West Virginia, Rutgers and Boston College.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

There's a few different theories out there regarding Penn State and the hypothetical northeast conference. I've heard that Penn State wanted to join the Big East but they didn't get enough members to vote them in. I've also heard Joe Paterno was behind Penn State not going to the Big East and wanted to join the Big 10 instead. Lots of stuff to read up on that.

Which reminds me, NCAA 12 I'm purposely running a dynasty with membership as if it would've happened 50 years ago hypothetically, with other events even further shaping it. In other words, a northeast conference with basically every northeast school playing I-A back in the day (so that means the traditional Big East including BC, Penn State, the Ivy League, and I haven't decided if I want to revive Colgate or BU or add in Army yet). I may also do a hypothetical Big East 30 years ago, with schools like Penn State and Maryland added to the Big East circa 2003-ish (minus Miami). Should be an interesting set up to say the least /threadjack

This should be a welcome sight to northeastern football, though. Penn State already made amends with Syracuse a few years back, so it's great to see them play Pitt for Pennsylvania bragging rights once again

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Archived