My Winnipeg logo

TheFloridianLogoMan

jets.png

In all fairness, I did not see the very popular design from the British designer for a Jets revival until I started coming here.....I really liked it, BTW. However, this utilizes 3 jets flying overhead as well.....however, forming a "W" instead of a maple leaf.

The name I used was "Fleet"......I thought it sounded very unifying, in case, of course, the name "Jets" was out of the question. Here is the alternate logo I came up with.......

fleetalt.png

....and the uniforms.

thewinnipegfleet.png

Looking forward to feedback......and thanks for letting me join in this community.

I'm having trouble figuring out what the light blue is supposed to be on the crest. It seems like you could remove it and have just the red jet and the navy W and it would look great!

It's 2 additional jets......flying to the left and right of the red jet....if you look below each of the red jet's wings, you can see the lower half of each jet.

Ah, I see it now. While the two additional Jets drives home the "fleet" concept, I feel like it makes for a very busy logo. Also, I'm getting a GI Joe vibe from the shoulder logo.

Thankfully then, I didn't put the endtrails on the primary like I had intended to, lol

As for the Shoulder....I wanted to do an aviation-like badge, since this was a fleet-based identity, so there was little leeway in my view, but I'm sure something else woulda looked better had I given that alternate a little more time.

Not a bad start at all. I like the idea on the primary, but I am having problems distinguishing the two smaller jets, try setting them apart a little more.

Actually like the shoulder patch on the uniform better if you took the wordmark out.

The wordmark and numbers are the weakest part of the uniform. The font just isn't good IMO. It looks way to rounded for a jet or fleet logo.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Not a bad start at all. I like the idea on the primary, but I am having problems distinguishing the two smaller jets, try setting them apart a little more.

Actually like the shoulder patch on the uniform better if you took the wordmark out.

The wordmark and numbers are the weakest part of the uniform. The font just isn't good IMO. It looks way to rounded for a jet or fleet logo.

I just kinda threw the numbers and nameplate together at the last second so I could get it posted here........not suprised at all that it's the weakest part.

Here's the primary mark with the planes split a little further apart, and the shoulder patch without the wordmark.....Now seeing it, I really like that shoulder badge because it puts more emphasis on the "frozen" lake

awinni1a.png

awinni3z.png

I don't mean to sound rude, but I honestly can't see the difference between the first primary and the update. Maybe move the blue planes further up the W? Right now you really can't see their wings at all, and I think that is what is keeping them from being obvious as jets.

Obviously you got inspiration for the main logo from the Thrashers' T-Bird logo, and the one thing I would suggest is to finish off the point of each of those three jets. While I can see the three jets in the main logo, I can see how another person would go "what the Hell is that!?" and another thing you might want to do is angle the jet on the secondary logo (the one with the white jet/smoke stream behind it) up a bit, as it seems to be pointing downwards a bit more than the others.

Archived