Sports Specialties Hats

rmackman

I have a 1993 Florida Marlins fitted hat from Sports Specialties that is a size 6 and 7/8, it looks like an authentic New Era, but obviously a different company made it. Were these hats used in games at all, or has it always been New Era?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

***This post was an error, the correct post is below***

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Nice, I think I'd like to get a few more. I kind of like the fit. I guess eBay is the only way now. Thanks for the info. After your response I did some research, and I found out New Era, Sports Specialties, and Roman all were on-field caps at one point. Their quality all ranges as well. Check this out:

New Era 5950

4027155324_e231537396_z.jpg

Sports Specialties "The Pro"

4039912913_4b6d9d9e65_z.jpg

Roman Pro

4245588223_36c39a6d3e_z.jpg

spacer.png

I honestly like the old Sports Specialties hats more than the New Era hats. The wool seemed stiffer and more durable.

I definitely preferred the Sports Specialties hats. The New Eras sat way too high off of my head and the bill was essentially a half-circle. I think the New Era has improved some, but may favorite MLB hats in my closet are my two remaining Sports Specialties (Cubs and O's).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I have a ton of these hats in different teams in my basement, let me see what teams I have and what sizes and I will take some pictures of them and get back with you.

Nice. What sizes? I wear 6 and 7/8 or 7 since I'm kind of between the two.

spacer.png

The place where I picked up a few Sport Specialties hats was a store called Meyer the Hatter in New Orleans in 2006 (I was there during the Christmas break). I don't know if they still have anymore, but they are worth a try.

Which is awesome, except Chicago to New Orleans for some hats is a little difficult. I checked online, but it seemed all bowler hats and the like. Thanks though =).

spacer.png

I have a ton of these hats in different teams in my basement, let me see what teams I have and what sizes and I will take some pictures of them and get back with you.

I just got off work and have errands to do but I will look this evening after dinner for you. Off the top of my head here are the teams I know I have.

1994 Mariners Teal Alternate

1993 Marlins Teal, maybe teal with the black brim

1994 Brewers with green brim

1994 Angels home

I will update this and get back with you later this evening.

skinsboys4lf7pe.jpg

The place where I picked up a few Sport Specialties hats was a store called Meyer the Hatter in New Orleans in 2006 (I was there during the Christmas break). I don't know if they still have anymore, but they are worth a try.

Which is awesome, except Chicago to New Orleans for some hats is a little difficult. I checked online, but it seemed all bowler hats and the like. Thanks though =).

You can always call. They specialize in dress hats, but I found my hats in the clearance section of the store. It was all hats from the 70's through the early 90s.

You can always call. They specialize in dress hats, but I found my hats in the clearance section of the store. It was all hats from the 70's through the early 90s.

I'll see what they have later this week.

spacer.png

I just got off work and have errands to do but I will look this evening after dinner for you. Off the top of my head here are the teams I know I have.

1993 Marlins Teal, maybe teal with the black brim

1994 Angels home

Find anything?

spacer.png

I own one authentic SS throwback cap, which was the Brewers with the gold MB right before they went to the NL

Got a photo of it?

spacer.png

1993 Marlins Teal, 1993 Marlins Black Road

1994 Angels home

1989 Orioles

1977 Lynchburg Mets

1998 Dbacks black with green brim

1997 Tigers leaping Alternate with orange brim

All the hats were sized from 7 1/2 to 7 5/8, sorry I didnt have anything in your size.

Find anything?

skinsboys4lf7pe.jpg

1993 Marlins Teal, 1993 Marlins Black Road

1994 Angels home

1989 Orioles

1977 Lynchburg Mets

1998 Dbacks black with green brim

1997 Tigers leaping Alternate with orange brim

Find anything?

All the hats were sized from 7 1/2 to 7 5/8, sorry I didnt have anything in your size.

That's okay. Thanks for looking anyway! :grin:

spacer.png

I own one authentic SS throwback cap, which was the Brewers with the gold MB right before they went to the NL

Got a photo of it?

39742_538868725938_34701836_31654609_912102_n.jpg

Oh wow, it's in great shape too!

spacer.png

Archived