Billiards Logo

GatorHunter

The layout of version 2 is more visually appealing IMO.

...but, I would play around with the fonts a bit. the larger "Cue-Union" font looks OK but, you should try it without that thin red outline.

You might also want to see how it looks with a more simple sans-serif font.

I think the bottom font looks good how it appears to be stretched horizontally, but again, I think other fonts might work better.

If you don't mind me asking, what will this logo be used for?

2043050vl19qK6.gif

As was stated by missouri tigers, I'd try a simpler, sans-serif font. Something understated and bold. And I'd get rid of the thin line between the text areas. In other words, just simplify. I understand that this is for a website, so anything goes, color-wise and size-wise. But imagine that this website takes off and becomes a huge deal, and then the employees and fans want polos with the logo embroidered on the left chest. Is the logo going to look good at such a small size, sewn in thread? Can the logo be scaled down for avatars and still work? These are just some general questions I ask myself, because this makes me simplify the logo down to the items and decorations that are necessary. When cutting details, you'll always start cutting the needless stuff first.

Going along with the previous two comments, I still think you could simplify this further. I would try this out on a solid black background, keeping the logo red and white, while making the text red and white as well. Perhaps "Cue" would be red and "Union" white.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

The logo has meaning, that's the reason it was done the way it was. It has 16 circles to represent the 15 billiard ball with one cue ball, the triangle highlight to the left represents the billiard rack, and the 3 red circles represent the billiard game "Snooker". My friend wanted it to have meaning, but not to the point where its obvious.

Cue_Union_w_Wordmark_v4-1.png

t8ojkk.jpg24fhb3a.pngopr7er.png23tfsx.png

version 4 is best, but drop the horizontal separator line. the typeface for "new horizons" NEEDS to be changed. im not sure if its poorly constructed or if you skewed it, but just go with something more standard. Futura would be fine. maybe Georgia for a more upscale, expensive feel.

i like the thought behind the icon but theres a bit too much going on. its fine for a website, but i would drop the black box completely and go with the spiraling circles. you would then not have such a generic layout.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

The icon that you have works okay. By itself, it is not instant give away that it is for billiards. However, the name and the type of business helps the icon convey that meaning the first time you look at it.

Like brandmooreart said, might make a simpler version just of the billiards for print documents if that is needed.

The whole layout is generic but if the website is a traditional business website layout, then the layout is fine.

#4 main font is spot on but I do agree that the "new horizon" font needs to change. It could be as simple as Helvetica (with a heavier weight)or something close to that.

Have you thought about have the Cue-union in some type of red. White and red can work well and can give more emphasis to cue-union considering new horizon is black as well.

The logo has meaning, that's the reason it was done the way it was. It has 16 circles to represent the 15 billiard ball with one cue ball, the triangle highlight to the left represents the billiard rack, and the 3 red circles represent the billiard game "Snooker". My friend wanted it to have meaning, but not to the point where its obvious.

Cue_Union_w_Wordmark_v4-1.png

Not to pick feathers here - just trying to help. I thought the highlight to the left was just a web 2.0 effect, It's still hard to tell it's a rack unless you mention it. While I got the 15+1, the 3 red balls didn't make me much think of snooker. There's like 15 of them in a traditional game right? Could be wrong.

Regardless, if this is what he wants than good job.

Archived