Reworking the MLS and now the NASL

mcrosby

Alright, I've been struggling to come up with something for the last few MLS teams, so for now I'll post the first two NASL teams I've done.

Numero Uno-The Puerto Rico Islanders. Puerto Rico has one of the worst, if not the worst, identities in the NASL. It really is just miserable. I used a piece from the World Baseball Classic from a few years back and built around that. I wanted orange to be a major staple of their identity, but still wanted to include the Puerto Rican flag. Originally I had the 3 banners made to look more banner like and less like 3 separate pieces but I've grown weary of the banner look so I went with this.

PuertoRicoIslanders.png

Next up is Orlando City FC. This is an addition to the NASL, a promotion from their current USL status. I used a lion that I had saved in my 'logos i like' files since this is all about mashing up existing logos for me. I believe it's from a rugby team, I'm not sure which. I multiplied the lion and did my best to make a center lion out of it as well.

OrlandoCitySC.png

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ise what you were trying to accomplish with the Islanders, but it is to crowded, maybe centre the tower instead of the star and have the star as a window?

I absolutely love the Lions shield, the three heads like cerebus is a nice touch.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Here's an update of Puerto Rico. I wanted to keep the tower on the right side as it is on the very edge of PR and stick out like that en realidad. I think this way is much better on the eyes.

PuertoRicoIslanders-1.png

On top of that one is another non-American team. Capital City. I used the tower from this years NHL ASG logo and placed it in a regal, Canadian roundel. I didn't have a lot of roundels thus far and I saw this as a good opportunity.

CapitalCityOttawa.png

Lastly, Atlanta. I can't stand the Silverbacks current logo but I do like the inclusion of Willie B. I made his face more prominent and built around that. I used the torch from the Atlanta Olympic Games and the only option I had then was to use parts of the Liverpool logo to finish building this one.

AtlantaSilverbacks.png

Archived