Fashion Caps in Rival Team's Colors

sportstar1212

A person I know almost always wears an all-red Yankees cap. It doesn't make any sense to me.

I actually like the way the A's-Giants crossover cap looks, but no fan of either team would ever wear it.

I would hope not. You cannot be a fan of both teams with how the Giants have been :censored: blocking the A's the last few year and trying to drive them out of the Bay Area.

Maybe you can't, but I'd argue that the majority of Bay Area residents don't have an issue rooting for both teams. Inferiority complex be damned. It's all still the Bay Area, the LA teams are the ones to really hate IMO.

I for one, have always wanted that Giants cap in A's colors. While I'm a Giants fan first and foremost, I also like the A's quite a bit as well and used to work for them.

I think it's a one sided thing. I too know many Giants fans who, while not A's fans, have no problem wishing them well during the season or if they make the postseason. But from the other side, I don't know any A's fans personally who even wish the Giants well when they're in the postseason, etc... And most A's fans I know outright hate the Giants. In part it probably explains why you see quite a few of those Giants style caps in the A's colors in the wild, but never the reverse ones (A's cap in Giants colors).

That said you are right that the Bay Area in general is different in that respect. You'd never see one of these in LA, Chicago or New York. Particularly not being worn during the cross town series.

split_hat.jpg

Lids carried these hats a few years ago, but they had a more expansive selection. Each of the teams came in several of their division rivals' colors and then a team like the Yankees came in a dozen opposition color combos.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived