Las Vegas Shine

bretkenworthy

Sup all,

A logo concept I created for an NHL expansion team contest. I called the team ‘Las Vegas Shine’. The concept never amounted to anything.

I picked the name Shine because it sounds bad ass

The colour “lime green” was chosen to support the meaning of Vegas.

vegasplural of ve·ga

Noun:

(in Spain and Spanish America) A large plain or valley, typically a fertile and grassy one.

http://brfkenworthy.tumblr.com/post/17999766046/a-logo-concept-i-created-for-an-nhl-expansion-team

Let me know how much it sucks/rocks.

Cheers,

Bret

the logo looks like a sundial, and could have a future. its a great look, but blue and green aren't colours associated with Las Vegas. try another colours scheme.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Sup all,

A logo concept I created for an NHL expansion team contest. I called the team ?Las Vegas Shine?. The concept never amounted to anything.

I picked the name Shine because it sounds bad ass

The colour ?lime green? was chosen to support the meaning of Vegas.

vegasplural of ve·ga

Noun:

(in Spain and Spanish America) A large plain or valley, typically a fertile and grassy one.

http://brfkenworthy.tumblr.com/post/17999766046/a-logo-concept-i-created-for-an-nhl-expansion-team

Let me know how much it sucks/rocks.

Cheers,

Bret

It rocks.

the logo looks like a sundial, and could have a future. its a great look, but blue and green aren't colours associated with Las Vegas. try another colours scheme.

As I said the colour green is being used because of the meaning of Vegas.

via wikipedia - "Las Vegas was named by Spaniards in the Antonio Armijo party,[9] who used the water in the area while heading north and west along the Old Spanish Trail from Texas. In the 19th century, areas of the valley contained artesian wells that supported extensive green areas or meadows (vegas in Spanish); hence the name Las Vegas."

It rocks.

Thanks man!

If you're going for a valleys/meadows feel I'd suggest changing the primary color to a truer green, something more resembling grass. As is, with the lime green, I would have guessed you were trying for a neon sign look had you not said anything. Which I don't think is a bad thing. Neon signs are a staple of Vegas, so I think it works.

Overall, I really like the design, I just don't think the valley idea is really coming through right now.

I really like how it sort of resembles a poker chip! Not bad, good job.

Also, mind if I follow your tumblr? I like following guys from here.

Do it up! I also have my photography at www.kakisvision.com! What is your URL? Tumblr is the cats ass.

If you're going for a valleys/meadows feel I'd suggest changing the primary color to a truer green, something more resembling grass. As is, with the lime green, I would have guessed you were trying for a neon sign look had you not said anything. Which I don't think is a bad thing. Neon signs are a staple of Vegas, so I think it works.

Overall, I really like the design, I just don't think the valley idea is really coming through right now.

Thanks for the input. I will do it up!

Archived