Memphis FC Logo Concept

CharlesTanner

So this is the first time I have ever shown off any work before on here, but this is something that I have been working on and I wanted to get some feedback and critique from some fellow artists, designers, and sports fans alike. You can be tough, I can take it, I've been through enough design critiques in school, so don't hold back. If you have an idea, please let me know.

Anyway, the idea here was to redesign the Logo for Memphis Futbol Club. The original logo was round with just a soccer ball in the middle, and the words "Memphis Futbol Club" going around it. I wanted to give it something more "club" looking, thus new shield shape. I am not sure about the colors just yet, what I used for now are the colors of the University of Memphis (Blue, Grey, Orange), so if nothing else I've got a new logo for the University club team at least. The one on the blue background would be on the primary jerseys, and the white would be on the alt.

This was all just for fun, but I wanted to follow through with an idea. Anyway, any suggestions, feedback, or criticisms are welcomed.

Thanks!

Memphis-FC-Logo-1.jpg

Not bad, if a bit plain. It could definitely use some simplification from a color standpoint; for example, the black on the ball makes it look like it doesn't belong at all. Why not make that blue?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Make the soccer ball blue. Also, the crossbar of the "T" looks too tall... You might want to take it up a little bit. I might also erase the two little panels on the top of the ball.

If you want to get tricky, you can add a gray shadow on the ball where it falls behind the "M"

Make the soccer ball blue. Also, the crossbar of the "T" looks too tall... You might want to take it up a little bit. I might also erase the two little panels on the top of the ball.

If you want to get tricky, you can add a gray shadow on the ball where it falls behind the "M"

Agree with the soccer ball being blue. I actually went back and did that right after I uploaded the first image. I also agree with the "plain" bit. Here's a more revised version, with the suggestions. It's getting there, but I am going to be my worse critic.

Memphis-FC-Logo-2.jpg

Agree with the soccer ball being blue. I actually went back and did that right after I uploaded the first image. I also agree with the "plain" bit. Here's a more revised version, with the suggestions. It's getting there, but I am going to be my worse critic.

Memphis-FC-Logo-2.jpg

See, I wouldn't erase the blue lines... I would have made those two upper panels blue to increase the outline on the ball to match the width of the blue outline on the "M".

What about this. I adjusted the ball to match the with of the stroke around them M like suggested...

Memphis-FC-Logo-3.jpg

Love it. The only thing I would try is changing the gray shading on the M to either yellow or blue. Right now the M is getting a little lost in background with all the silver and white shades... at the very least I would use the darker grey from the left side of the furthest outline.

I love the logo, but my concern is the text.

Blown up on my high-res computer screen I can see the little serifs and "style marks" on your letters. But I wonder if these details would be lost in a real world application: a jersey patch, a hat, print media, etc...

Other than that it's fantastic.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived