Helmet Collection Help!

OchentaYOcho88

Hey guys,

I collect football helmets. Currently I have two finished helmets, one that is nearly complete and 12+ that I need to get to get the money to have painted and decaled.

Currently I've come upon an issue. Every year my old high school sends me their rejected shells and facemasks usually the helmets have been sanded down but last week I was given a helmet that still had paint on it! This is great, it saves me $35 painting and the pain of figuring out what I wanted it painted. But, it does pose a new problem. I have a metallic blue helmet but I'm not 100% sure on the color is correct for anyone other than Boise State, and well I already have a BSU helmet.

My question is... Do Kansas, Kentucky and San Jose State use the same shade of blue with the metallic flake for their helmets? I have been comparing pictures and Kansas and Kentucky seem the same as Boise State but San Jose State seems different.

Please if anyone can help me out here it would be greatly appreciated. I want to get this lid done pretty quick.

I'm also open to any suggestions for teams.

Here's San Jose State U.'s current color palette:

SanJoseStateU_ATH_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

I should reiterate that all of these color swatches represent the colors used for printing; actual helmet shell colors may be a bit different.

Some of the helmet experts could shed a better light as to the actual paints and finishes used.

Archived