Hartford Whalers Uniform Concept

DaRadniz29

Prior to working on the NCAA Tournament project, I was toying with the idea of 'rebranding' the Hartford Whalers, just for fun. After a few hours of arguing with the voices in my head, we came to the conclusion that less is more. So we kept the logo, but altered the uniforms and colors slightly.

Colors: Midnight Navy, New Whalers Green, Hartford Silver.

- I darkened the navy a bit for a warmer feel.

- New Whalers Green is darker than the original green. Why? I guess it felt to me like more of a coastal green than the brighter green they once had. Also to differentiate from Vancouver?

- The Hartford Silver is like a mix of silver and platinum, which is why you might see a golden tint.

I went with the Midnight Navy home sweater. I know it may not be reality but for this I went with a Hartford Silver Road uniform. A New Whalers green Alternate rounds out the set. For the Road sweater my only issue with choosing the Hartford silver was I the logo blends. I could use white, but that's what outlines the fin and "W" so I was at a loss.

hartfordwhalersconcept1.png

Simple. Old school. Very nice.

I would think a thin outline of navy would help your problem. It does need something.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

Ditto on those who said the color looks washed out. I think the "silver" jersey has to be white. I don't think they would look very good on TV, especially in HD. I always loved the navy Whalers sweater. I think the green one has to be more vibrant just because they were so bright back in the day. They shouldn't be a duller green than say, Vancouver or Minnesota.

mainescarf.png

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, the looked washed out, but I was going for an old school look. As for the silver jersey not looking on TV, I'd never use the silver on TV, it was just a change up from the white. The green for the old school look really wasn't supposed to be that dull - I actually tested it on NHL 12 with a created team and the Whalers green did seem a little dark. I was hoping for more of a green-teal color, but thought I'd give this Whalers green a shot. :)

I have some more vivid color ideas for the Whalers, I'll try and work on them and update. Is the Navy okay or do you think it should be lighter? Were the Whalers colors in their last season really like the Canucks in terms of colors? I kind of remember the more recent Whalers colors, but can't remember a whole lot.

I have some more vivid color ideas for the Whalers, I'll try and work on them and update. Is the Navy okay or do you think it should be lighter? Were the Whalers colors in their last season really like the Canucks in terms of colors? I kind of remember the more recent Whalers colors, but can't remember a whole lot.

The colours were similar but not the same. For starters the Canucks jerseys are Royal Blue while the last iteration of the Whalers wore Navy. Both used Kelly green accents but I don't recall the Whalers shade being as bright. The Canucks also only use silver in a metallic application while the Whalers used a mat grey.

Hope this helps!

The colours were similar but not the same. For starters the Canucks jerseys are Royal Blue while the last iteration of the Whalers wore Navy. Both used Kelly green accents but I don't recall the Whalers shade being as bright. The Canucks also only use silver in a metallic application while the Whalers used a mat grey.

Hope this helps!

Yeah, that does help, thanks. I'll see what I can do with those colors. :)

Archived