Suns vs Heat tonight

goforbroke

I knew right away when I saw it was color vs. color it was the stupid :censored:ing heritage nights. Yes, because showing heritage is implying the people don't speak english. Interesting there is only one groups heritage night. I forget no other group did anything for this country. :censored: the NBA.

The only thing more annoying than "El" and "Los" on NBA jerseys is the boilerplate, knee-jerk rhetoric spewed by xenophobes every single time those jerseys get trotted out.

The only thing more annoying than "El" and "Los" on NBA jerseys is the boilerplate, knee-jerk rhetoric spewed by people who claim that someone else's opposition to it is based in xenophobia rather than just the stupidity of the jerseys themselves and the pandering to one specific subset of people based on ethnicity. And it is pretty insulting to simply add "El" or "Los" to Latinize a team name.

Thank you. It is insulting to add el or los to something and call it Spanish, even more so when you are doing it to sell something. It's as if the NBA is saying, "Here you go. Buy our jersey, Mexican." I think Admiral said this, but it's like when someone says something like, "Go read el booko", except this time from a multi-billion dollar sports and marketing company.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I knew right away when I saw it was color vs. color it was the stupid :censored:ing heritage nights. Yes, because showing heritage is implying the people don't speak english. Interesting there is only one groups heritage night. I forget no other group did anything for this country. :censored: the NBA.

The only thing more annoying than "El" and "Los" on NBA jerseys is the boilerplate, knee-jerk rhetoric spewed by xenophobes every single time those jerseys get trotted out.

The only thing more annoying than "El" and "Los" on NBA jerseys is the boilerplate, knee-jerk rhetoric spewed by people who claim that someone else's opposition to it is based in xenophobia rather than just the stupidity of the jerseys themselves and the pandering to one specific subset of people based on ethnicity. And it is pretty insulting to simply add "El" or "Los" to Latinize a team name.

Thank you. He just has had a stick up his ass about me for a long time because he hates my political views. So his attempts to make sense from his misguided opinion, as seen here, clearly is way off base.

There are plenty of people who made this country great. Why not have a "heritage" night for them? Illwauk isn't too good at thinking before posting, as my comments are not knee-jerk because I have thought them out and stated them many times before.

It's funny how many Hispanics are insulted by these jerseys, because they are Americans now. They call the teams, the Heat, the Magic, and the Suns. They aren't fond of pandering to the groups of them who don't speak English. There were even people last time this was brought up, Hispanics themselves, that agreed.

This also isn't a "heritage" night, it's a whole month of this bull :censored:.

Stop changing languages or adding stupidity to jerseys period. Leave them alone. If you want to have nights to honor ethnicities, first don't make it so exclusive as it is now, and don't change the damn jerseys just to try and make money, it's insulting.

2ly2w09.jpg

1332408494' post='1774467']
1332366808' post='1774053']
1332340531' post='1773661']
1332317544' post='1773567']

Thank you. He just has had a stick up his ass about me for a long time because he hates my political views. So his attempts to make sense from his misguided opinion, as seen here, clearly is way off base.

There are plenty of people who made this country great. Why not have a "heritage" night for them? Illwauk isn't too good at thinking before posting, as my comments are not knee-jerk because I have thought them out and stated them many times before.

It's funny how many Hispanics are insulted by these jerseys, because they are Americans now. They call the teams, the Heat, the Magic, and the Suns. They aren't fond of pandering to the groups of them who don't speak English. There were even people last time this was brought up, Hispanics themselves, that agreed.

This also isn't a "heritage" night, it's a whole month of this bull :censored:.

Stop changing languages or adding stupidity to jerseys period. Leave them alone. If you want to have nights to honor ethnicities, first don't make it so exclusive as it is now, and don't change the damn jerseys just to try and make money, it's insulting.

I hope you all know that in a language, Italian (my language of study) if you wanted to say "I like the Bulls", you'd say "Mi piace i Bulls". Just saying that adding Los or el isn't insulting.

Archived