Miami Marlins Concept

BigRed618

One of the main problems I had with the new Marlins' look personally was that I felt that they didn't utilize their new colors well enough, using only orange and black for their numbers and the teal only as trim color for their alternate wordmark. My concept is meant to give fair exposure to all their colors...

miaunis.png

I also threw together a new primary. Would hibiscuses be appropriate for Florida, or is that only a Hawaiian thing? C&C is appreciated.

I get that you want to put more emphasis on the colours, but this is all over the place. Pick two colours (preferably orange and blue) and use the others (yellow and black) sparingly (how they are currently on the script). Get rid of that rainbow hat and have the the crown be the main colour and the button + brim be the secondary colour. Use two-colour piping, and make the piping thicker.

For the logo, hibiscuses are more of a Hawai'i thing, and even if they weren't, they clutter up the logo too much to keep. Keep the roundel, switch the yellow and the white, make the marlin two colours, enlarge him, and you may be on to something.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived