My Landscape Architecture Portfolio

TheOneAndOnlyMau

So this is my first attempt at putting some of my works from my time at Penn State (years1-3) together into a single portfolio. I put this together in about a day while i had some down time so its not exactly as great or extravagant as i would like it to eventually be but i wanted to have a starting point to work from. My presentation style tends to be fairly minimalistic and favor white space to avoid cluttering so take it as you will.

The projects range in scale from small site specific stuff to large scale masterplannign projects and features some of my recent work from my study abroad program in Tanzania.

In case you are not familiar with what landscape architecture is here is some info

Any thoughts, comments, criticisms, whatever on how to potentially improve it are welcome and appreciated.

http://issuu.com/chris.maurer/docs/portfolio2012_edited_summersmall

UPDATE

http://issuu.com/chris.maurer/docs/new_portfolio_2012_final

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

I need to hit you up to know some of your tricks for your site plans, they are very well done. Personally I would make the sections larger across the board. Maybe even have them as the moment that goes full spread and connects the pages. Did you by chance look at Wes Michaels' book on how to digitally represent landscape? I've heard its a good one.

Thanks for the feedback guys

Mings - I love the book by wes michaels (if were thinking about the same one? - co authored by cantrell?) its a must have resource for anyone who needs to visualize any space. One of my favorite resources

Im currently in the beginning phases of fleshing this out into a full-fledged portfolio that batter represents my presentation style. I should have it done in the next couple of days. Ill post it when the finished product is prepared

I think so. I don't have the book, but used it quite a bit for a studio I had last fall (I just graduated with my M.Arch). He actually came down for a studio lecture/critique (his studio is in Baton Rouge, I went to school at Tulane in New Orleans). The only other critique I have of your portfolio is that the hierarchy isn't clear/you may be showing too much. Trust me, I know editing out is very hard. Mine is at www.joshuamings.com if you'd like to see mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the link Mings. Your portfolio is impressive. Nice work.

So i sat down and cleaned up my portfolio a bit... i chose five projects which i thought were the best and chose to focus on them instead of the mash up of stuff that i had before. I also tried to clean up the presentation a bit and let the projects share themselves over a couple of spreads - which also allowed for me to show a little bit more information about each project.

Anyway, id like to get some comments on it. any type of feedback/ C&C would be greatly appreciated.

http://issuu.com/chris.maurer/docs/new_portfolio_2012_final

Damn good work sir. Make sure you are able to lay it flat when printed so you can get the most out of the spreads (Blurb's softcover option is good for this...easy to make it fold flat, and looks better than spiral).

Archived