What if Tottenham Hotspur played other sports?

AndrewPF

In Europe, it?s pretty common for football clubs to be the famous face of a lesser-known multi-sport club. For example, there are basketball and other teams for Barça, Real Madrid, Werder Bremen, Bayern München and many more. Hell, Barça even has an ice hockey team. This is much more common on the continent than it is in Britain, however.

I wondered what it would look like if this multi-sport club phenomenon was more common in Britain. I thought to make up uniform designs for my beloved Tottenham Hotspur, imagining what it would look like if they played:

Baseball

Ice hockey

American football

Basketball

First up will be baseball. It still uses the famous Cockerel, and I made up a secondary mark. Most sports don?t lend themselves well to single logos the way football does, so I felt it was necessary. The Cockerel is still standing on the old football because it preserves the logo of the club overall.

C8wPs.png

Home:

rCqns.png

Road:

Oe4cd.png

Alt:

7Ez8c.png

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

You should change the soccer ball to a baseball

I'm keeping it as is in order to preserve the club's identity as a whole. Look at Barça's other teams. Even the basketball and ice hockey teams are called "FC Barcelona (sport)"and have the soccer ball in their badges.

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

I'm keeping it as is in order to preserve the club's identity as a whole. Look at Barça's other teams. Even the basketball and ice hockey teams are called "FC Barcelona (sport)"and have the soccer ball in their badges.

I still think if you changed the ball the clubs identity would remain.

Just FYI, Spurs do have their own font if you want to incorporate that.

THFC.gif

^^Just an example. There are larger images of it floating about.

This.

It's far more meaningful than the random font you've used. Also grey is such a random colour to use in any Spurs concept, light blue or yellow would have been far more fitting.

THFC.gif

I know it exists, and I looked for it. All I found was things saying it's custom and it's not available.

koizim said:

COYS and Go Sox

THFC.gif

This.

It's far more meaningful than the random font you've used. Also grey is such a random colour to use in any Spurs concept, light blue or yellow would have been far more fitting.

Not really.

See, what I'm going for, is I'm trying to apply the standard baseball conventions to this concept. It's generally accepted that baseball teams wear white at home and grey on the road, and anything else is for an alternate or batting practice. I'm not trying to put all of the traditional elements into the concept, I'm trying to envision what Spurs would look like as a multi-sport club. I made the road shirt grey because that's what baseball teams usually wear.

koizim said:

COYS and Go Sox

I know it exists, and I looked for it. All I found was things saying it's custom and it's not available.

Ye, you're not going to get an actual font file for it. You will need to just use the letters from something like this and copy + paste or whatever. Not as quick, but still do-able. Keep going with this, as a Spurs fan I'm interested to see what else you can come up with.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Archived