First Logos

haji

Hey, I am new to this forum, but after lerking around on it for a couple of hours, I definetly think I could fit in. There is so much skill and I really think I could benefit from all the experts here. So, before I start talking about my first logos I would like to introduce myself, My name is Haji and I'm born and raised in Canada. I really enjoy graphic design, I consider myself a rookie still and I am always looking to improve my graphics.

Anyways, I have been playing with Adobe Photoshop for quite a few months now, making sigs, sports posters and cutting out renders with the pen tool. A non-profit local Islamic basketball league asked me if I could throw some logos together for them. I told them that its not what I usually do but I'd love to try. This is what the results look like:

Iqamah2.png

qiyamah.png

Shahadah.png

tauheed.png

I drew most of it with the pen tool in Photoshop, I have become pretty good with using the pen tool because of all the hockey cuts that I have done in the past. These are my very first logos I have ever made. I would really appreciate it if you guys could show me some beginner to intermediate tutorials for Adobe Illustrator, I know I could just google or youtube it but I rather do some tuturials reccomended by you guys. Also I am currently update the photobucket account that I am using with all my new stuff because I havent used it in a long time.

Also what are your favourite fonts for Logo design? I had a hard time choosing and finding fonts for Logos so I stuck to some of the basic ones.

Wow, this is really nice work, you obviously have a lot of skill already. All of your logos look good, especially Tauheed. As far as fonts go I don't necessarily have any favorites, I just choose one based on what goes with the identity or just one that looks good. There are plenty of sites where you can get fonts like myfonts and 1001 free fonts that are good resources. Anyways I hope that I could help, I am not a professional by any means, but I'd like to think that I know a couple of things. Seriously though, these are fantastic, especially if they are your first logos!

Oh, and welcome to the boards! :grin:

spacer.png

Tauheed looks awesome. If these are your first logos, you have alot of talent in you. Welcome to the boards and I am looking forward to seeing future work by you.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Wow, this is really nice work, you obviously have a lot of skill already. All of your logos look good, especially Tauheed. As far as fonts go I don't necessarily have any favorites, I just choose one based on what goes with the identity or just one that looks good. There are plenty of sites where you can get fonts like myfonts and 1001 free fonts that are good resources. Anyways I hope that I could help, I am not a professional by any means, but I'd like to think that I know a couple of things. Seriously though, these are fantastic, especially if they are your first logos!

Oh, and welcome to the boards! :grin:

Wow that means a lot to me. Could you name a few fonts for me? I spent a while looking threw a few of those font sites and it took quite a bit of time to find the right fonts. I guess that is just something you have to deal with when making logos. Yeah, these are my first Logos. I put a lot of effort into it and I really wanted to see what I could do. I have done 100+ hockey player cuts, so I have become very skilled with the pen tool.

:grin:

wow - these are amazing. very well done.

did you also draw the words or are those fonts you found?

The fonts were already pre-loaded or I've found them (Impact, Masque, Freshmen, Geomacy) and thank you very much.

Tauheed looks awesome. If these are your first logos, you have alot of talent in you. Welcome to the boards and I am looking forward to seeing future work by you.

Thanks, yeah these are my first logos I have done, I just used alot of stuff I learned from messing around with signatures and posters. I am more of a hockey guy so I will be putting together some hockey logos and putting them on a jersey as well. Also I develop websites and use some of my photoshop skills in that (Its what first drove me to learn how to use photoshop and I kinda fell in "love" with it ever since). I plan on sticking around :)

I have learned a lot of things during my summers and free time. I hope to learn how to make logos like a pro one day as well.

Also I haven't really looked at any tutorials yet but do you guys have any that you could reccomend me? For Photoshop and Illustrator. I can also get Inkscape if that's better

Archived