Rebranding the WAC c. 1975

Philsphan

I feel obligated to comment on every Wyoming concept posted, so here goes. I definitely feel like it's a look they would have rocked in 1975. Actually did wear something similar in 1977:

2043474128_edd0484ea5_m.jpg

I personally can't get behind a Steamboat-less helmet (although they will be wearing a W on their brown helmets in the upcoming weeks). It just seems a little to Western Michigan to me. I am one of the few WYO fans who doesn't mind the prairie gold and brown. One of my favorite looks happens to be from that scheme.

medinamichaelsdsu5152.jpg

I applaud you taking on this concept. I am fascinated with the idea. I would love nothing more than to see them done in digital format.

• 2 weeks later...

The WAC formed in 1962 making it the fifth oldest surviving conference. However, today's WAC looks nothing like the original WAC. All 8 teams left for different conferences with most of them forming the Mountain West in 1999. The WAC is headed the way of the dodo now, but for the sake of making some good concepts, let's go back to 1975 when the WAC looked like this.

WACMap.png

Texas Western, now known as UTEP, was actually the longest tenured member of the WAC out of the original 8 staying until 2005 to leave for Conference USA. (Texas Western switched it's name to UTEP in 1967, but in my world they didn't) Texas Western represents all of Western Texas where as UTEP only represents El Paso, so Texas Western decided to keep the name. Texas Western is nicknamed the Miners. This is my first football concept! C&C Please!

TexasWestern.png

Philsphan- I love your info on the WAC c. 1975. I was wondering if we could include this on our website, DieHardDevil.com for ASU. We are adding lots of historical content and this would be great. Thanks!! :)

The WAC formed in 1962 making it the fifth oldest surviving conference. However, today's WAC looks nothing like the original WAC. All 8 teams left for different conferences with most of them forming the Mountain West in 1999. The WAC is headed the way of the dodo now, but for the sake of making some good concepts, let's go back to 1975 when the WAC looked like this.

WACMap.png

Texas Western, now known as UTEP, was actually the longest tenured member of the WAC out of the original 8 staying until 2005 to leave for Conference USA. (Texas Western switched it's name to UTEP in 1967, but in my world they didn't) Texas Western represents all of Western Texas where as UTEP only represents El Paso, so Texas Western decided to keep the name. Texas Western is nicknamed the Miners. This is my first football concept! C&C Please!

TexasWestern.png

Philsphan- I love your info on the WAC c. 1975. I was wondering if we could include this on our website, DieHardDevil.com for ASU. We are adding lots of historical content and this would be great. Thanks!! :)

Uhh, sure as long as you don't take my logos and make a profit off them I have no problem with you taking a few of my words. Btw, this series should pick up this weekend. I've been kind of busy but I'll have a lot of free time later this week so I'm looking at Colorado State and New Mexico or Utah.

Archived