Rebranding the WAC c. 1975

Philsphan

The WAC formed in 1962 making it the fifth oldest surviving conference. However, today's WAC looks nothing like the original WAC. All 8 teams left for different conferences with most of them forming the Mountain West in 1999. The WAC is headed the way of the dodo now, but for the sake of making some good concepts, let's go back to 1975 when the WAC looked like this.

WACMap.png

Texas Western, now known as UTEP, was actually the longest tenured member of the WAC out of the original 8 staying until 2005 to leave for Conference USA. (Texas Western switched it's name to UTEP in 1967, but in my world they didn't) Texas Western represents all of Western Texas where as UTEP only represents El Paso, so Texas Western decided to keep the name. Texas Western is nicknamed the Miners. This is my first football concept! C&C Please!

TexasWestern.png

Arizona's current identity is very strong so I didn't want to change anything with regards to the logo. I changed the primary jersey color to navy though. Arizona was one of the founding members of the WAC and when Arizona left with ASU for the Pac 10, the demise of the WAC officially began. C&C Please!! Anything on Arizona or Texas Western would be greatly appreciated.

Arizona.png

Here is the Zona update.

Arizonaupdate.png

Arizona State is of couse the second original WAC team that left for the PAC leading to the WAC's demise. For their identity, I wanted to give them a complete overhaul with new logos, colors and uniforms. I dropped the burgundy completely from ASU's color scheme and emphasized orange and white along with yellow. The new primary logo depicts a sun with two devil horns. For the away uniform, white and yellow pants are interchangeable, but the white is the primary option giving ASU a sleek look. I hope you guys like this one as much as I do. C&C please.

ArizonaState.png

Texas Western - Love the logo. I think the uniforms are just too 2006. I'd just keep the sleeves colored. I also suggest making the orange a little bit brighter.

Arizona - Love it.

ASU - The logo is great. The home uniforms looks exactly like USC though. Something should be changed, but I just can't put my finger on it.

Overall it's a great start. Looking forward for more.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I like these my only complaints would be on Texas Western the logo on the helmet does not look like the one above it.

The T looks more like a T than the pickaxe & maybe just a small outline instead of the full one that you have.

Zona looks great no complaints at all.

Zona St. I love the logo but maybe just a little more red to make the logo pop on the helmet but other than that great work.

ASU's best road look has always been gold-white-maroon. I'd try that.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Here is the Texas Western update. Got rid of "2005" look.TexasWestern2.pngJHere is the Arizona State update. I got a lot of advice and I tried to incorporate as much as I could. I'm not sure I like it more than the originial though, but that may just be designers bias. What do you think?

ArizonaState2.png

Just came up on this thread, it's great to see your work again Philsphan! Zona looks great. For ASU, I preferred your original jerseys but like your new helmet better. Texas Western looks much better on the update.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

For Wyoming I wanted to give them a more modern look and national look while keeping quirky Wyoming heritage evident. I wanted to get rid of yellow and replace it with gold, get rid of the white helmets, and do away with the bucking bronco logo. I replaced the latter two with a gold helmet with a spiked W as the logo. (Note:The logo I used in this concept is slightly different that the one on the map) C&C?

Wyoming.png

I like the W but for it to stand out on the helmet you need to flip the colors to make it visible on TV.

Although a lot of college teams are going this way it still makes it hard to figure out whos playing by just glancing at your TV.

I like the bucking bronco logo so this would be downgrade for me.

Modernizing that logo would be neat though.

Archived