Greatest Inter-Divisional Rivalry?

illwauk

Not a lot of truly sustained ones in the pros. In the mid-1990s, when the Packers were trying to get to the next level, it seems like they just could not get by Dallas. In Wisconsin (where I was a student), the Cowboy hate was pretty big. From the Packer fan's perspective, it was a rivalry. But I cannot think of a "second" era for this one, so it does not really fit.

Actually, what you're describing was the second era.

icebowl.jpg

The Packers also beat the Cowboys for the championship the year before this too.

I do not follow the NBA or NHL.

MLB - Yankees vs Mariners. The 1995 ALDS, the series that saved the Mariners & Seattle baseball. Again they met in 2000 in the ALCS.

Yankees vs Royals - Met 4 times in the ALDS in a 5 year span, pinetar game 1983

NFL - Colts vs. Patriots (after they were no longer both in the AFC East, though not necessarily in 2 separate "eras")

Cowboys vs 49ers (70s, 80s and 90s)

Cowboys vs Packers (60s & 90s)

I do not follow the NBA or NHL.

MLB - Yankees vs Mariners. The 1995 ALDS, the series that saved the Mariners & Seattle baseball. Again they met in 2000 in the ALCS.

Yankees vs Royals - Met 4 times in the ALDS in a 5 year span, pinetar game 1983

NFL - Colts vs. Patriots (after they were no longer both in the AFC East, though not necessarily in 2 separate "eras")

Cowboys vs 49ers (70s, 80s and 90s)

Cowboys vs Packers (60s & 90s)

Even though it wasn't a rivalry per se, the years when the Yankees were essentially using the Kansas City A's as a farm club had everything to do with why the Yankees-Royals rivalry was as intense as it was.

Archived