FIBA Club World Cup - a basketball tournment concept

OlavoP

Hey guys what's up, I'm new to this forum (but have been watching it for a while) and have an great idea (at least for me) that tries to return the basketball clubs intercontinental competitions. I know that there where the Mcdonald championship and FIBA actually do something like this but I'll try to redesign it to bring the best basketball in the world to the competition. Here follows the logo:

a2soqu.png

It's PRETTY simple, just follow FIBA's pattern and that's not what I'm here for, altough, if you have any idea or wan't to create an logo by yourself and PM me just go ahead, I wan't people to help designing this project.

The rules/format:

This first tournment is an prototipe and don't count with the real champions of each continent, those will play on the second tourment, to happen by the NBA 2013/14 pre season as the 2013 world cup (I'll post that later this year), this thread competition is the 2012 world cup (I will post the participating teams later on). It works as a knockout tourment with series of 5 and one 1 game final to be held at NYC (Madison Square Garden) with an special week including an all-star game. Problably the 2013 wc will be held on NYC too. The games are played on the home country of each team on an arena with structure, the first south american and central american clashes (that will work as an kind of an pre-competition stage will feature only 3 games.

The teams:

From south america there will be 2 clubs, qualificated as the leader of the leagues of the two best countries on the 2012 Liga Sudamericana by the day 12/31/12 ( the deadline day for that tipe of qualification). Those then beeing: Flamengo (Brazil) and Penarol (Argentina), they will face each other with penarol helding games 1 and 3 and flamengo helding game 2.

From central america will also be called 2 clubs, the two best central american clubs on the FIBA americas league 2012, those are: Pioneros de Quintana Roo (Mexico) and Capitanes de Arecibo (Puerto Rico). Pioneros will held games 1 and 3 and Capitanes game 2.

From north america there will be 1 club and 1 american invitee because of the country hosting the final. Miami Heat as the 2011/2012 NBA champions and LA Clippers as the NBA leader by 12/31/12 (the invitee).

Europe will have their champion and runners-up to play the competition. Olympiakos (Greece) and CSKA (Russia).

Asia will also have their champion and runner-up: Al-Riyadi Beirut (Lebanon) and Mahram Tehran (Iran).

Africa will only have their champions, Salé (Morroco), to play.

Oceania will count with an invitee from the australian league, the leader by 12/31/12: New Zealand Breakers (New Zealand).

Here are the bracket:

2laahlk.jpg

Last things to say:

First, I'm brazilian, so sorry for the english, any mistakes just correct me if you wan't, but don't bother yourself. Second: I will simulate this games (with and random technic) so by the end of the project you guys will know the champion. Also, I will create the kits (Home, Road and Alternate) for each team, as well as the stadium. If anyone have any idea for any of this teams kits just pm me, I have Flamengo almost done. For the NYC final week I will create some 3x3 bowls from some countryes and the all-star game versus the USA national team (all this by making the stadiums). If anyone whants to create the final logo, with something like: FIBA Club World Cup 2012 Final: New York - 7/21/2013 - . As well as the All Star team logo.

Thak you people, next post shall be Flamengo and very soon (maybe today).

The first team: Flamengo

2zp6zup.png

The red & black team have their newest manufacturer adidas o make them 3 kits: Classic striped on red/black as number one, white for road and some home games and an alternative black kit.

Flamengo plays Penarol on the competitions first stage, with the randomly generated result Flamengo ber Penarol by an 92-82 result at Argentina and are one game away of facing the Oceania team. Next game will be played at home:

Flamengo's home arena, the HSBC Arena on Rio de Janeiro is the most modern one in the competition after the American ones (at Miami, Los Angeles and New York):

6rsspw.png

Next up Penarol, with the second game result. And after this I will do an post with the full series review with the best player on each game and with the player with most points.

-----------------

EDIT:

I'm actually going to an Flamengo basketball match right now so I wont post Penarol untill tomorrow

I really like the set of uniforms and the different sets. The shorts though, seem too long.

Also the court is just ok. If its supposed to be one of the most modern in the world it should look it. The logo at center court is too old fashion and the lanes are kind of bland.

Have fun at the game!

Sorry for the double-post, but this is new stuff:

I've done new courts for Flamengo's HSBC Arena (remember that no fantasy stadiums will apear), one with the classic team crest and other with the secondary logo, the one in the shirts:

2w20vas.png

177rkz.png

I prefer the second but I imagine and can only see the team using the first on real life, what do you guys think?

And here are some new FIBA rules for Club World Cup courts to be used

There are obligatory FIBA advertising on the middle court (different logo on the final and maybe on further playoffs), ond the end (the FIBA CWC logo, just like I did on the Flamengo's one, on that exact place) and with the continental division of FIBA at the games place (in Flamengo's case the FIBA Americas, in that exact place). The maximum club logos authorised are 2, and the logos place must be on the end or the sides if there is no Arena official logo. Brands advertising must ONLY be on the arena name or with the kits manufacturer outside the gaming space. Anything can be done outside the game space but FIBA will judge if it interfers on players (by distractions) and on broadcasting. The city and country are obligatory (beeing revised).

Archived