MatFatCat's Soccer Concepts

MatFatCat

screenshot20130126at958.png

I like the current Norwich logo, but wanted to give it a more modern, cleaner appearance. I Changed the shield shape, adding a yellow outline, and added detail to the ball. Nothing too major.

I went for a classic look for the home set, and also made a black away set with yellow & green highlights.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Also, any feedback on the template would be great, as I created it myself in Inkscape.

screenshot20130126at308.png

And here's Augsburg, I wanted to redesign what I thought was a boring logo they have currently. I wanted to experiment with striping patterns on the home, which kind of match with the logo, while for the away I had already used all three team colors in the home, so I went with an entirely different color.

Please post your thoughts, about this and about my Norwich concept.

I'm in love with the Augsburg kits, but I'm not feeling the Norwich primary. With the neck design being round like that and not touching the collar, it sort of reminds me of a noose. However I don't follow English football all too closely, so I don't know if that has historical kit designing in it. But asides from that, I really like these.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

screenshot20130128at319.png

Here's another Bundesliga team, Greuther Furth. I just used pieces of the old logo rather than create an entirely new one, cutting out the words and the gradient shield to make what I feel is a much simpler and more iconic logo. For the kits, I used a classic striped for the home with red highlights, and a simple orange and white away kit.

C+C is always appreciated!

I'm sorry, but you'll need to explain Greuther's crest to me. I see a shamrock with some odd red and black thing attached to it.

Yeah, I don't even know what it is myself to be honest. If you look at the current logo (http://en.wikipedia....eutherFurth.png) you can see it on there. Whether it's a weird elf shoe or carriage, I don't know, but I have researched it and couldn't find anything on it.

However, I kind of liked how it looked, so I combined it with their classic clover to get my version. It was more experimental than anything else, so I could get rid of it and create a new crest if that would be any better. Thanks for the comment.

I'm sorry, but you'll need to explain Greuther's crest to me. I see a shamrock with some odd red and black thing attached to it.

Yeah, I don't even know what it is myself to be honest. If you look at the current logo (http://en.wikipedia....eutherFurth.png) you can see it on there. Whether it's a weird elf shoe or carriage, I don't know, but I have researched it and couldn't find anything on it.

However, I kind of liked how it looked, so I combined it with their classic clover to get my version. It was more experimental than anything else, so I could get rid of it and create a new crest if that would be any better. Thanks for the comment.

Now that you mention it, I am getting a shoe-like vibe from that crest. I went through the team's Wiki article and found this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/ba/Greuther_Feurth_0.png

Apparently they didn't have the "shoe" for very long, so maybe you're better off making a new crest using just the shamrock.

Archived