My take on the St. Louis Cardinals alts

8BW14

On Saturday I was at the Cardinals game in St Louis and they wore their new alternate uniforms. The piping is similar to the piping on the uniforms of the 40's. These alts would be worn on Sunday home games instead of Saturday. Since they wear the bird on bat hat on Sundays now I regretfully replace it with a similar hat that I think goes better with this new alt. Please feel free to offer any critiques and comments, thanks.cardinalsaltuni_zps7501538a.png

For the most part, YES. The Cards missed a great opportunity by not having those T-bars on the sleeves. If there's one uniform element that's explicitly associated with Musial in my mind, it is that. I'll grant you, I've done at least one concept with a stripe in the middle of the placket, but methinks you may wanna push it a little to the left, being as part of the L gets lost in it.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

yeah I get what you're saying there. The stripe in the middle of the placket was a last minute addition. Personally I like it better without it so maybe I will just ditch the placket all together. Thanks for the input

Archived