Gupti's Jaguars New Uniform Tweak

Bathysphere

Welp, they're here and so are the opinions. Some like 'em, some don't. I seem to be with the majority who thinks that, while the helmets look something close to Danny Devito's bumcheek (sorry for the visual, but I figure you guys can take anything after seeing that helmet, right?), the uniforms themselves aren't half bad. Fairly decent, even. But who ever said that fairly decent ought to be enough?

That's where we come in. I've made just a few changes that have probably already been discussed by other members to turn "fairly decent" into "decenter-ish" while keeping the overall design aspect intact. All I've done is:

-Fix the helmet. There's no dissent here. It's gotta go. Here, it's been replaced with one that is matte black. The all-black fits with the set (as well as their tradition) and the matte, I believe, would make the shiny shoulder thingies come out a bit in comparison.

-Thin the pants stripe. Not many would say that the Jags failed the the pants design, but I think it could be better. They said they wanted it to convey "speed," though, as it is, it's a little clunky. This could be fixed by thinning the stripe just a bit so it's closer to a conventional stripe. This better conveys speed. The logo has been spotted to follow the change.

-Add a sock stripe. I've never been bothered THAT much by the leotard look, but it's worth avoiding it where one can. The tension is broken with a simple teal and gold stripe on the black socks.

-Move the patch. Some dislike the patch. I rather like it, but it just seems so much more natural that it goes on the sleeves. I mean, I know you wanna keep your fans close to your heart, but why not proudly wear them on your sleeves? Also, it adds a design element to the big teal blotch and makes it less blinding.

But, hey. Enough of my yakking! Whattaya say? Let's boogie!

ZDZECoI.jpg

Btw, the monitor I did this on must be pretty crummy because I swear the helmet didn't look that blotchy before. Whatcha gonna do?

Also btw, the base that I worked with isn't mine. I'm not sure about whose it is, but I appreciate it's existence.

Release the cat from the shield on the sleeves, and complete the collar at the back, and you have a winner.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived