NHL Coors Light Stadium Series 2014 (Dodgers Stadium, Soldier Field)

The Devils and Islanders are each "hosting" one at Yankee Stadium vs. the Rangers (so the Rangers don't lose those 2 home gates) in conjunction with the Super Bowl. Is that not technically part of this "Coors Light Stadium Series"?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Pretty cool how it's now official of SoCal getting an outdoor game. The atmosphere, hopefully, will be fun and intense, and knowing the mockeries of the whole "OC vs. Southland" argument in this town (especially arguments between Dodger and Angel fans), the "Freeway Faceoff" can take off as a legitimate NHL rivalry. I will say the league blew a chance to promote the whole state of California by not including the Sharks in this, but they want to capitalize the Greater Los Angeles area as a viable hockey market.

More broadly, there are three outdoor games confirmed: the Winter Classic, Dodger Stadium and Soldier Field. So are the New York City games off the table, or have they been yet to be confirmed?

1) Posted in the NHL offseason thread.

2) I'm sure they're just waiting to iron out the details on the New York games. We all knew about the Chicago and LA games a couple weeks before. They just have to dot the "i"s and cross the "t"s

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived