JoeGaetjens' Fictional Baseball League

joegaetjens

Hey guys, so this is my official first post - I've been working over in the OOTP community for awhile and making some logos, jerseys, etc., that I thought you might enjoy. Any criticism, thoughts, etc., especially of the logos, would be much appreciated. First up: the Montreal Olympics!

o72NU9G.png

Pretty good for a first post. I would remove the Knight-lookin thing from below the number though

That would be Quebec.

I like the concept, by the way (and LOVE the logo and its hearkening back to the Olympic logo), but I am curious as to the reason for the use of light blue, black, and gold.

sport-scarf_devils_zps117fda40.png

The jersey design is well, uh, modern, but that's fine. The numbers on the script, NOB, and number are way too thick. I'd also remove the Quebec silhouette entirely, it just doesn't look that good. Also, get rid of the rings (?) on the socks. They aren't really a place to put anything but stripes. Maybe put piping down the pants as well. As for the cap logo itself, I think it's really cool. Maybe make the M yellow, and the rings blue, white, and red, respectively. The black is too dark. Then, if the letter is darker than the rings, it will pop more, especially since you're using it on a white background. It would've been cool if you made the script the same style as the cap logo.

Regarding the league logo, make the person and stars white, the maybe put the NBA across the middle of it, also in white.

spacer.png

Pretty good for a first post. I would remove the Knight-lookin thing from below the number though

That would be Quebec.

I like the concept, by the way (and LOVE the logo and its hearkening back to the Olympic logo), but I am curious as to the reason for the use of light blue, black, and gold.

oh... I knew that (sarcasm) lol I still think it should be removed though and I agree after a second look the outlines are way too thick.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Phew... awesome, lots of great comments guys:

El Dandy: Light blue, gold and black are three of the five olympic colors. Light blue and gold are also traditional colors in (older) french and quebecois flags. The current color scheme of dark blue and white is just a little.... boring.

St Louis Cardinals: Do you mean the outlines on the template or the outlines around the name/number on the uniform?

dsaline97: I agree, these uniforms in general are probably NOT going to be very traditional - but that's part of the back story of the league (it's part of a whole fantasy league I've got going in ootp, neither here nor there). I do really like the quebec silhoutte - any ideas on other ways to include it? I was thinking of replacing one of the fleur de lis' on the sleeve with it, perhaps? The rings, admittedly, where sort of a silly idea - trying to mirror the olympic rings somewhere else in the uniform. Piping down the pants, got it. The logos are probably going to stay the same for the moment - but I do appreciate the suggestions.

• 2 months later...

Archived