What ever happened to caricatures t-shirts?

the_cynic

What ever happened to these type of t-shirts? They used to be huge in the 80's and early 90's but you never see them anymore!

B0002GU2S2.01-AT26F6GZJEB06._AA500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Well if you do remember, they were used for more reasons than just winning a championship. At one time I remember that many individual players such as "Magic" Johnson, Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Xavier McDaniel, Karl Malone, Charles Barkely, etc. all had their own caricatures that were produced on t-shirts, posters, and any other memorabilia fans may buy.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

It's becasue they take too long to produce, they suck, they went out of fashion, they suck, they are a wasted effort if the team doesn't win the championship, and, oh yeah, they suck!

All true.

When these were big (Late 80s or whatever) Packer fever kicked up hard core around here during the 1989 season. (I still think no one in the NFL wanted to play that Majik team in the playoffs and the NFL elite were lucky there was only one Wildcard spot..........but thats a different topic) So anyway, everybody was all nuts again and the demand for public appearances was high. I got to meet Tim Harris (a hero of mine AT THAT TIME) at a local Cub Foods and since I was appalled they didn't make a Tim Harris charicature shirt, I made him one of my own.

I think he liked it, he put it on. I had a picture once but I think I lost it. Darn.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

back in '96 our longsnapper Mark "Roadie" Rodenhouser produced a few (on his own dime) of some of the standout Panthers in a Superhero style 'toon. i still break out my "Sam Mills" version on occasion.

odd second story on Roadie: he's been on "You Gotta See This" long-snapping a football the full length of a basketball court and swishing it over and over at Davidson College one afternoon.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

and, oh yeah, they suck!
tell us how you really feel havsfan?

Seriously, these died out with the mess hats from the 1980s. Not more, please, they are bad.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Well it looks as though this fashion has come back, at least for this year!

B0002HDOIG.01-AT26F6GZJEB06._AA500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Retired Number's To Come

Archived