Tokyo Samurais - MLB Expansion Team

AnythingChicago

Howdy, concepts forum! Long time, no see! As my cheesy introduction might suggest, it has been a while since I've posted a concept here. Recently, watching the Confederations Cup has reminded me of my dislike for Japan's kits. They've chosen to highlight navy in their uniforms instead of using the traditional Japanese red and white. I thought that if Japan embraced a samurai-esque theme and even the flag design itself, the result could be a unique look, despite its usage of only red and white, and that's exactly what I went for with this concept. Enjoy!

9088617195_c0c6251c69_b.jpg

Also, does anyone know where I can get a socks template compatible with Paint that works with this uniform template?

25yzwqg.png

They've chosen to highlight navy in their uniforms instead of using the traditional Japanese red and white.

Japan have been wearing navy shirts as their home kit for as long as I have been watching the sport - mid 90's.

Just because the colours of the flag are red and white does not mean the team wears those colours. Greatest example is probably Australia wearing green and yellow instead of the red, white and blue of their flag.

The concept itself isn't too bad though. There's a nice balance of colours on the home kit. I would prefer if the adidas logo on the away kit was white, not black. As long as the numbers inside the circles remain legible on TV, I have no problem with them.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

They've chosen to highlight navy in their uniforms instead of using the traditional Japanese red and white.

Japan have been wearing navy shirts as their home kit for as long as I have been watching the sport - mid 90's.

Just because the colours of the flag are red and white does not mean the team wears those colours. Greatest example is probably Australia wearing green and yellow instead of the red, white and blue of their flag.

The concept itself isn't too bad though. There's a nice balance of colours on the home kit. I would prefer if the adidas logo on the away kit was white, not black. As long as the numbers inside the circles remain legible on TV, I have no problem with them.

I understand what you're saying about the flag colors not always determining the kit's colors, and I agree that for teams like Italy and Australia it's better that they use the blue and green & yellow, respectively. The purpose of this concept, however, was to embrace the red and white and see if the flag colors really could work for Japan's kits, unlike for those of Italy, Australia, New Zealand, etc.

As for the Adidas logo on the clash kit, I'll make that white and post an update sometime soon. Thanks for the C&C.

25yzwqg.png

Archived