Official WIHL thread: Calgary Blazers Jerseys

MrWonka

Actually. Nothing too special in the graphic design world. But for amateurs, I really love it. In a way I sort of cheated. I didn't draw anything. Again just played around with some shapes and tools on photoshop. I took an image off of google of a horse and really used that as a stencil for everything, since I am super crapy with facial features. Obviously I didn't just copy and paste, I changed a lot of parts in it to make it more original. So yes, images and using them as stencils is a great way to start I would say. A lot of patience too, since it won't look good right off the bat.

Also their jersey designs have hit a minor speed bump, but hopefully I can get them up soon. It's based off of the old WHA Calgary Cowboys set, just using this teams colors.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

I'm 100% going to be working on this in the near future. Partially because I'm getting a little bored of just doing concepts, and I want to work on my logo designing 'skills'. Not saying I'll be updating this right away, but this is almost a bump so some newer viewers can see what has gone down. Hopefully one day I can go back to the previous teams and redo their logos on Illustrator so I have good quality files at hand. Then I'll have to revamp the template used, since I don't like the one anymore. I'll either have to transfer the uni's (maybe make new ones) or make a template of my own that can be suitable, wish me luck!

Hopefully I can have some great incentive this time around.

Archived