Official WIHL thread: Calgary Blazers Jerseys

MrWonka

MrWonka...That bottom left logo is very nice, and, minus the lettering and banner, would look pretty sharp on the front of a Seattle hockey sweater.

I still think you should flatten out the stick blades, so they don't look so much like the letter "L"...

But other than that, it's a very good logo.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seattle Metropolitans: Complete. Officially done with this one. The script maintains the space needle, but when the script is added to the primary it has a different element. I added in an emerald type design. The hockey sticks are straightened out. Here is the final product. I will start to do team jerseys after all 30 teams logos are done!

SeattleMetsLogoSet.png

I do think the needle/stick logo looks great but I mostly love the throwback secondary with the backwards looking spelling and all. They could use a full stripe alternate to totally recreate the old Metropolitans' look.

in the middle of the tornado, put a feather in it as a nod to the Native Heritage maybe? and is that an OC I see in the tornado? Nice touch if so.

Ouch. Never thought of that. Thank you for bringing that up. I was actually second guessing the team anyway. Tornado, not Oklahoma City. I want something more original. What 1clkgtramg said. Maybe something with the Native Heritage. Would need to probably do a lot of research.

Anyways. The team I'm finishing up now are the Madison Riots. Located in Wisconsin. Their nickname for the city is Madtown, so I flipped that into like a crazy, mad world type and called them the Riots. Their logo again is based off of the city flag, but altered to a throwing star outline. It will be coming up soon.

These are really great. Seattle's primary logo is perfect! I love the OKC logo and even though it may be too soon, do you see the Hurricanes changing their name?? I think Madison's primary looks like a team from New Mexico a bit, but it still looks really nice.

Also this is one of my first times on the site and since you're so good at it could you give me some pointers on how to make these??

That being said the Riots's secondary logo is brilliant!

Thanks man, the only thing I really could say is. If you have a program. Photoshop, or Illustrator. Really play around with everything and really get the feel of it. I'm a terrible drawer so I mostly use the shape tools and what not. I'm still a beginner at making logos, but there is A LOT of trial and error so far. The Riots logos are all simple to make with Photoshop, that's super beginnerish. The Seattle one is really trial and error with using the warp tool on different shapes, then connecting them. Biggest tip would be to watch videos. They can explain it better.

And feel free to do use the idea. Theres been worse ideas stolen, and I'm sure someone else has done the same.

The riots is a bit bland but in all honesty, it could easily pass as a Major Junior team. I do like it though, even though it probably isnt NHL material.

As for OKC, there is so much you can do with it but unfortunately, they dont have many major sports teams. The good think about that is it leads to many concepts to be made, native history, animals, natural disasters, etc. but almost always have a feather in there haha

Archived