Professional League Baseball (PLB) - Fictional Baseball History

Dayne Amaze

Hello, this is my first post on any forum on Sportslogos.net and I'm quite excited. I've been creating a fictional baseball league, imagining a world without the MLB. The league I have created is known as the PLB (Professional Baseball League), it's made up of 30 teams in two separate "leagues." There is the United States League and the Continental League. There are three divisions in each league made up of five teams. The United States League East is made up of the Virginia Beach Songbirds, Cape Cod Blue Stox, Staten Island Racketeers, Orlando Oranges and Mississauga Gooses. Note: rather than naming them the "Blue Sox", "Stox" is based off of the word "stocking" rather than "socks". This keeps it original and distant from the Boston Red Sox, who I based the Cape Cod Blue Stox off of. The United States League Central division is made up of the Indianapolis Black Stox, Toledo Natives, Grand Rapids Felines, Oklahoma City Monarchs and the St. Paul Doubles. The United States League West is made up of the Austin Marshals, San Bernardino Guardians, Berkeley Oaks, Portland Foresters and the Fort Worth Ranchers. The Continental League East is made up of the Chattanooga Cherokees, Fort Lauderdale Swords, Brooklyn Bridges, Trenton Smokes and the Norfolk Colonials. The Continental League Central is made up of the Louisville Steeds, Columbus Redblues, Oshkosh Malts, Rochester Plunderers and the Memphis Quails. The Continental League West is made up of the New Mexico Pythons, Salt Lake City Trappers, Santa Monica Whitecaps, Palm Springs Valles and the California Golds. I have the entire history of champions, simulated regular seasons from 1899 to 2013 present day of all franchises, as well as historical logos, stadiums, uniforms and other interesting info that I've come up with for this fictional baseball league. I want to see what kind of replies I get back, if any, before I start posting pictures & more information. Thank you.

Sounds interesting. Can't wait to see what you came up with. My only complaint would be that the plural of Goose is geese, not gooses. I know that Sox is not the plural of sock, but just a little detail. Again, can't wait for you to get posting.

Guest darkpiranha

Love the team names. Love that you went outside the same old traditional sorts of names for teams. Had to think about "Stox" for a while, but I think I really like it. Unique, but feels classic. Except for a couple of names, all of them feel like they could have been around for more than a hundred years. I'm intrigued.

Not sure what your posting strategy is going to be, but let me point you to what I consider to be the most successful league rollout I've yet seen on these boards. The America League. (American soccer league). He posted three teams a day for almost a month, and it really became something many of us here were excitedly looking forward to every day.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/91573-the-america-league/page__hl__%2Bamerica+%2Bleague

One reason why I think it was so successful is that he hit upon the right amount of detail and background for each team. Enough detail to show the origins and unique events in the team's history and general success rate. But not so much that it got bogged down in minutiae like individual made-up players, or histories with real players on these teams instead of those teams we know.

Also check out current and past threads by GotPixels and Sparky Chewbarky, as they also know how to really roll out and present entire leagues in fascinating ways. Lots of detail. Lots of the design process. Lots of fun. You won't go wrong emulating any of these three forum contributors.

• 4 months later...

I have completed the logos for all 30 teams after 5 months since I've created this concept, and routinely working on team identities. (not all logos were created from scratch, a lot of the logos are taken from other minor league teams, etc. that I have modified to fit the team I have created. I do take credit for the Staten Island Racketeers, Orlando Oranges, Toledo Natives, Saint Paul Doubles, Fort Lauderdale Swords, Rochester Rovers and Palm Springs Valles.

We'll start off with one of the most historic teams in the PLB.... The Cape Cod "Blue Stox" (the Boston Red Sox of the league)

Archived