College Football Rivalry: Duke vs. UNC

bigmike

Hey guys, so I have two new College Football concepts that have been sitting in my files for probably a month now. I would like to continue my College Football series from last year but I haven't had the time lately to do the entire conference. Since I had both of these done I decided I'd just post them together.

Since these two teams are rivals, I may come up with a "Rivalry Uniform" for each team and that may turn into a potential concept series from me but for now I'll just give you the basic concepts.

Duke Blue Devils

For Duke, I decided to build off of their basketball uniforms, this is an idea that I always try to use for Duke and it seems to be a common theme in other people's concepts as well. I tried to be unique with the striping in the set, it is actually very similar to the South Carolina concept I did last year. Anyways, the basketball striping is implemented on the helmet, shoulders, and pants. I also created a custom font to match the D logo. As you can see, they have three sets of helmets, jerseys, and pants, all would be interchangeable.

Home & Away Uniforms

DukeHomeandAwayUniforms_zps88151b63.png

Alternate Uniforms

DukeAlternateUniforms_zpsf9a417fd.png

North Carolina (UNC) Tar Heals

As most of you know, the Carolina Panthers UNC got new uniforms this year. IMO this was a huge misfire from Nike, then again almost everything Nike has done this year was a misfire. Now Duke is my second favorite college team but I'll admit UNC has a beautiful set of logos and colors to work with. So I took inspiration from the basketball team once again instead of going for the chrome "cool" BFBS uninspired look that Nike came up with. I thought the contrasting sleeves were a nice change of pace and I think it blends in all of the colors nicely. I also used a font that is supposed to be similar to the NC logo.

Home & Away Uniforms

UNCHomeandAwayUniforms_zpsfcf558af.png

Alternate Uniforms

UNCAlternateUniforms_zps66295059.png

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Why would basketball players need football uniforms? Seriously though those look awesome. Love the NC sleeves. Only minor thing is the blue on black outline on Duke's letters and numbers makes them hard to read. maybe throw some white in between like on the logo.

Thanks, that is actually a really good idea, I'll start working on an update, in the meantime I'll bump this. If there are any request for a certain rivalry game I'd be glad to try and give it a shot. I'm going start working on some one-game rivalry unis for Duke and UNC soon.

Miami vs. FSU as a request.

Anyway, I like UNC a lot. Duke however, needs to be black free. They are a blue and white school IMO. No need for BFBS with them. I made a similar concept using the diamonds wit them. You should check it out. There's no black at all.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I disagree, I like black for Duke. I don't really consider it BFBS, I'm not really a fan of the solid blue and white look for them at least not with the diamond pattern.

I've actually done Ohio State and Michigan in my College Football series, but I'll try to come up with something unique for their rivalry game. I'll give Miami and Florida State a shot too, I really like both of their identities.

Archived