Ottawa Senators Concept

gsn93

Both of them look fantastic, but I get a bit unsettled the longer I look at it. Maybe it's like the original Sabres white jerseys where you love it until the first time you notice the hemline stripes don't match the sleeve stripes...and over time, maybe you get to love that quirk, maybe you don't.

I wondered why you didn't make the hemline stripes on the white jersey red-black-white to match the black jersey, but it does match the sleeves. Then I realized that the hemline on the black doesn't match the sleeves. So I'm torn. I wondered how much of that was on purpose to mimic the original set and how much was simply because it looked better.

Overall, I think the black jersey's hemline stripes should be changed to match the sleeve stripes, going red-white-black, and I'm not a fan of the black shoulders (it's very much Devils territory), but red shoulders wouldn't be much better (now that's Hurricanes territory), and no shoulders would be bland. Maybe you should play with that a little bit and see if anything else comes to mind. I really like the concept, but there is something...off.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I wondered why you didn't make the hemline stripes on the white jersey red-black-white to match the black jersey, but it does match the sleeves. Then I realized that the hemline on the black doesn't match the sleeves. So I'm torn. I wondered how much of that was on purpose to mimic the original set and how much was simply because it looked better.

I had the same thought when making this. I was switching back and forth between the Red-Black-White pattern and the Red-White-Black pattern on the hem. I eventually decided to used the first since I thought it looked better. Anyways, here's the second go-around at it.

OttawaFinalConB-Revision2b_zpsa497a228.p

Archived