New UHL team in Detroit Area

Ez Street

That's right the Motor City Mechanics will play next season in the UHL. I have heard Garry Unger will be the Coach of this team. The team will play in Fraser, MI.

I found this on another board:

Registrant:

BEAL, BRIAN (LFPEXNBQMD)

28580 ABERDEEN ST

SOUTHFIELD, MI 48076-2983

US

Domain Name: MOTORCITYMECHANICS.COM

Administrative Contact:

BEAL, BRIAN (BXB540) brian@e-beal.com

28580 ABERDEEN ST

SOUTHFIELD, MI 48076-2983

US

248 557 6184 fax: 123 123 1234

Technical Contact:

Network Solutions, LLC. (HOST-ORG) customerservice@networksolutions.com

13200 Woodland Park Drive

Herndon, VA 20171-3025

US

1-888-642-9675 fax: 571-434-4620

Record expires on 07-Jun-2005.

Record created on 07-Jun-2004.

Database last updated on 21-Jun-2004 21:47:40 EDT.

So there is some proof. I had heard about this team for a few weeks. I gotta say the name blows big ass! I wonder what the KC team will be called.

I wonder what the KC team will be called.

I believe they're going with the Kansas City Carpenters. There are also plans in the works for the UHL club in Port Huron to change their name to the Plumbers, Elmira to become the Electricians and Flint to become the General Contractors. They were all inspired by Danbury's decidedly blue-collar Trashers identity. I'm fairly certain that the league has turned responsibility for day-to-day operations over to the AFL-CIO.

I wonder what the KC team will be called.

I believe they're going with the Kansas City Carpenters. There are also plans in the works for the UHL club in Port Huron to change their name to the Plumbers, Elmira to become the Electricians and Flint to become the General Contractors. They were all inspired by Danbury's decidedly blue-collar Trashers identity. I'm fairly certain that the league has turned responsibility for day-to-day operations over to the AFL-CIO.

And the UHL will be renamed the Union Hockey League.

:D

Did I point out on another thread that the UHL is a rinky-dink league for KC? I prefer an AHL team there.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Agreed, it's a rinky dink league, but the advantage of having a rinky dink league operating in your city is that it gives hockey fans at least some semblence of pro hockey while the promoters of AHL or even NHL hockey are trying to get the bigger show to come to town. It's not such a bad proposition because a UHL team doesn't require a lot of advance time for startup. They could probably begin play this fall. Also, if the UHL team doesn't draw well, it won't really be held against the community thanks to the fact that most people recognize the low-minor classification of the UHL and it would be comparing apples to oranges to rate KC as a viable big time hockey market based on its UHL gate figures. Also, if the city does land an AHL or NHL team, it wouldn't be a huge problem to either sell, fold or move the UHL team because for the most part they don't have a whole lot of assets to begin with.

So, in this case, rinky dink (and I don't know if you intended the pun, but I think it's clever) might not be such a bad thing in certain contexts.

In order for KC to whoo a larger market team (maybe even an NHL-Penquins...hint), by the time the new arena is open in 2007 . . . they just can't come out of the blue with a team. They got to start somewhere. Maybe after a year or two of UHL, we might draw a larger league team from the AHL or CHL.

Only time will tell. ^_^

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Don't you think that with the Red Wings, the proposed Silverdome WHA team, the UHL Mechanics (not owned by some guy named Mike, by the way) and the OHL Plymouth Whalers that Hockeytown is getting, oh, shall we say...OVERSATURATED WITH TEAMS!?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Don't you think that with the Red Wings, the proposed Silverdome WHA team, the UHL Mechanics (not owned by some guy named Mike, by the way) and the OHL Plymouth Whalers that Hockeytown is getting, oh, shall we say...OVERSATURATED WITH TEAMS!?

Couldn't be any worse than Toronto?

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived