Chicago Fire Third Kit Contest Subs

theskywatcher

The Chicago Fire #cf97ThirdKit recently had a contest to design their official third kit so I spent some time with the template and came up with these concepts. Instead of creating big color blocks I wanted to offer a different look entirely with a few pattern options. The light grey featured on the first and third concept would be printed glossy.

CFThirdKit-JustinSiddons1-01.jpg

CFThirdKit-JustinSiddons2-01.jpgCFThirdKit-JustinSiddons3-01.jpgCFThirdKit-JustinSiddons4-01.jpg

• No. 1 is pretty cool. I really like the ghosted flames. I actually tried something similar in one of my concepts, but you did WAY better.

The pattern on No. 2 is OK, but almost too bright.

Maybe a number on the front for No. 3?

I like the idea of a large star on the front of No. 4, but the various gradients are a little distracting. If it were all like the back of the jersey, I'd be all in for that one (and No. 1 still).

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

• No. 1 is pretty cool. I really like the ghosted flames. I actually tried something similar in one of my concepts, but you did WAY better.
  • The pattern on No. 2 is OK, but almost too bright.
  • Maybe a number on the front for No. 3?
  • I like the idea of a large star on the front of No. 4, but the various gradients are a little distracting. If it were all like the back of the jersey, I'd be all in for that one (and No. 1 still).

Thanks for the feedback. I agree that No. 2 is probably too bright.

Archived