ABA gets Jim Harrick as a coach....

Ez Street

From ABAlive.com

Vancouver, BC. John M. Brazier, Co-owner, CEO and Director of Basketball Operations of the new ABA Vancouver professional basketball team today announced the signing of Jim Harrick as Head Coach. According to Brazier, "Vancouver is a major league city and deserves a coach with major league credentials and ability - Jim Harrick fits both - and will help make the Vancouver team one of the premiere teams in the ABA."

Harrick had a 470-235 record in 23 seasons as a collegiate head coach. He has taken four schools to the NCAA Tournament. During his stints at Pepperdine, UCLA, Rhode Island and Georgia, Jim built outstanding teams, winning championships at each stop, and reaching the NCAA Tournament an amazing 16 times. His UCLA Bruin squad racked up 31 wins and captured the NCAA National Championship, gaining him honor as 1995 National Coach of the Year.

Harrick added, "This is a great opportunity for me. The Vancouver team is a first-class organization, the quality of play in the ABA is outstanding as is the coaching. Our team will be predominatly Chinese. We have great talent coming in - and we will be very competitive. This will be both fun and interesting and I am looking forward to the challenge."

For more information, log onto www.abalive.com or email j.brazier@verizon.net.

"Our team will be predominatly Chinese", What the HELL? When i think of great Chinese coaches......Jim Harrick is at the top of the list.

you know whenthey announced the native america team and i said there should be an all chinese team I was kidding... but I guess any idea I have kidding or not is a great idea... :D

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

What's gonna be the logo that'll B, B and S, a fortune cookie?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Jim Harrick lol

I guess all players in the ABA will have to pass his final exam from Georgia with such brainbusting questions as how many points is a 3 point shot worth.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

"I guess all players in the ABA will have to pass his final exam from Georgia with such brainbusting questions as how many points is a 3 point shot worth."

Actually, that would be Jim Harrick, Jr. who came up with that quiz. BTW, in the ABA, if the player steals the ball, and he makes a three-point shot, how much is it worth?

• [a] Three points
    Four points
    [c] It dosen't matter what they think!

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Archived